User Name
Password

Old 10-16-2002, 10:19 AM   #1
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Server: -none-
Send a message via ICQ to faBBe
Post Coloured Target Name

We need a variant of the target name (eqtype 28) that simply prints in the colour of the 'consider'. And yes, that would be excactly like in DAOC and that would be for the better.

I'm SO tired of clicking a target and hitting 'C'..

If any dev reads this you also need to print the blue cons in a slightly brighter tone because dark blue won't be easy to read on a dark background (it is already quite difficult to read dark blue con messages in the chat window).

So if anyone likes the idea just say so and maybe this will reach a dev ear sometime ?....

PS: that would also make my warrior 's pulling job soooo much nicer :P

Last edited by faBBe : 10-17-2002 at 03:02 PM.
faBBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 07:39 AM   #2
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

ever tried rightclicking on the target? (if PC inspects get annoying you can turn inspect off)
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 12:17 PM   #3
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I've wanted something similar for long time.
I'm also sick of having to perform 2 actions (target, then consider with keyboard) or (right click consider, then target).

I could easily see the con message being made into an EQType, but I think the coloring would have to be hardcoded (I doubt they will allow players to customize their color of cons).
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 06:56 PM   #4
wilcoxon
A Gray Wolf

Default Coloured Target Name? *YES*

I started my MMORPG days with DAoC and then moved to Everquest. This is by far my single biggest complaint with the EQ UI. Why should I have to perform two separate actions to target and consider something? Make the target window display the 'con' colour - please.
wilcoxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 08:23 AM   #5
drylar
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I tried and dislike DAoC. I DID like this feature, and it would only take approx 10 lines of code, and a toggle in the options window. Would save hundreds to thousands of fingerpresses an hour, and ease alot of pullers jobs considerably. Leaving the toggle, and the "old skoolers" that are so set in their ways they think bronze is great, and open a spellbook to med, can leave it the old way where they are all 1 color.
drylar is offline   Reply With Quote