Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 12-18-2003, 08:38 PM   #1
xsikal
A Gray Wolf

Default Odd looking combat window

I am having display issues with the new combat options window (see attached jpg).

Has anyone seen anything similar? The blue/grey tones are due to the fact that I am using a modified version of the old abbatoir UI, so all of my buttons (hotkeys etc.) are converted to that look and feel.

I am getting no errors in my UIErrors.txt file, but, as you can see, the window is very screwed up.

If you have seen this before, what did you do to fix it? If you have not seen this before, can you think of anything I can do to fix it? (I'd prefer to not drop the blue/grey textures, and don't know why that would mess up the window's look anyway, but am willing to try anything)

Thanks in advance,
Xsi

Edit: Wanted to add... I am unable to resize the window, so this is not simply a case of my window being too small for its contents.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg combatwindow.jpg (18.3 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by xsikal : 12-18-2003 at 08:56 PM.
xsikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 09:18 PM   #2
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

wonder what your window was smoking hehe i had to post this lol..

dont know whats wrong with it im haveing trouble too =/
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 09:29 PM   #3
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

It's very simple actually.. The combat abilities window is using a file named window_pieces07.tga.. This appears to be a new file just for the buttons for this window.. Some of the custom UIs also have a file by this name.. Since this is found in your custom UI directory, EQ uses this file rather than the one in the default directory with the proper graphics..

You have three options to fix this.. either rename the default window_pieces07.tga file (after copying it to your custom UI folder) and then modify the combat abilities window to use the renamed file instead of the default (again a copy of it in your custom UI folder) .. or make it use window_pieces06.tga buttons (which are pretty much identical except they go up to 10) provided you don't have a custom version of that file.. or rename the window_pieces07.tga file that came with your custom UI to something different, and then locate all the animations using that file and modify them to use the renamed file..

Basically it looks like it's a bad idea to use SoE's naming scheme for your graphics files, since you never know when they'll add a new file in .. (unless you number your files above 100 or something) I had to make this type of modification to one of my UIs by the way, since I had borrowed files from Kaori and the custom files were named window_pieces06.tga and window_pieces07.tga .. (I renamed them and changed the custom animations)
kenwoodx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 09:42 PM   #4
xsikal
A Gray Wolf

Default Thanks...

Thank you for the reply. I took a look at the .xml file (EQUI_CombatAbilityWnd.xml) and it is actually using window_pieces06.tga, not window_pieces07.

This makes sense, as I deleted the window_pieces07.tga file a long time ago from my custom folders because something else SOE introduced was using it.

I'll get rid of the custom .tga file (either rename and modify my xml files or just delete the tga file and see what happens), and verify that this worked.

Thank you,
-Xsi
Old 12-18-2003, 10:08 PM   #5
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

hehe, ok, window_pieces06.tga.. guess I got them backwards.. 07 must be for the hotbuttons window .. I hadn't needed to modify it way back when because I was using a custom hotbuttons window and custom animations file..
kenwoodx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 10:35 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 03:06 AM   #7
xsikal
A Gray Wolf

Default Oops

Sorry for creating a new thread Searched the wrong area for existing topics on the subject. :-)

Took everyone's advice, renamed my existing window_pieces06.tga, changed the existing references in the animations file, and all is good.

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:22 AM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Not a problem, just figured there'd be some useful information in the other thread for you. Glad it's all working for you now.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote