Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 05-20-2024, 12:51 AM   #1
Pizzanomicon
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Issue with advancedloot window. Trying to fix before TLP.

So, I've been working on some things with a custom UI I've been maintaining for a while and one thing I never got around to fixing was the " free grab," button will not show up on an advancedloot window that uses transparency.

So I figure.... giving it a flat texture should do the trick. The problem is I can't seem to find what .xml file points a texture towards the advanced loot window. It doesn't appear to be the actual advanced loot window xml.

I also tried adding a texture using the code one would use. It did not work. Maybe I did something wrong, but I suspect another file is what points to it.

Basically two of the main textures normally used in the default UI wnd_bg_dark_rock and light for my UI are just different transparencies , a full transparency and a darker one ( i was not the original author of this UI, but I've kept it updated and changed things.)

Update: I did figure out it was the draw template in the templates xml that is where textures are assigned. However when I found the appropriate one that the advanced loot window uses and replaced it with.... some random non transparent texture, it did not allow me to see the " free grab " button for whatever reason.

It works, it just can't be seen and I don't know why. It's literally the default .xml for the advanced loot window.

My other windows are transparent or dark transparent and they show buttons just fine.

My UI's folder relies on a lot of stuff from the default folder. It's not a particularly complex UI, basically a dark mode that's reminiscent of velious era UI default. So, I even checked through a lot of xmls in the default folder to see if it's there since they share the same textures, of which, in the default folder they are solid textures and are commonly used on a lot of elements of the ui.

For the record I'm not any type of software developer. Just a random person curious enough to screw around with this stuff and has had relative success with trial and error.

Last edited by Pizzanomicon : 05-20-2024 at 01:55 AM.
Pizzanomicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 01:58 AM   #2
Pizzanomicon
A Ghoul

Update: I figured it out was tied to templates and that's where textures point to various draw templates and so I found the one that apparently applies to several windows at once. WDT_rounded or something I believe.

Anyway, I replaced that with some random full non transparent texture and it worked , changed the texture of the advanced loot window, but it still not give me the ability to see the " free grab," button, which is ridiculous because all my windows use a dark transparency effect, but all the buttons are visible on all the windows, except this one.

It's ridiculous. It works, I just can't see it and it seems like it should be a very easy fix and maybe it is.
Old 05-20-2024, 02:08 AM   #3
Pizzanomicon
A Ghoul

My only thought at this moment is that somehow the free grab button is tied to a draw template that uses the textures that are transparent, therefore the button is transparent, but this somehow doesn't apply to ANY other button in the advanced loot window, because they show and work fine.
Old 05-20-2024, 02:23 AM   #4
Pizzanomicon
A Ghoul

Apparently I can change it to any button referenced in templates and it works. For some reason the " grab button," is not referenced in templates or SUI templates, but it works with the default UI ?

If anyone knows how to get the actual " grab button" to display I'd be grateful, but I'm sure I'll just end up using something that the adv loot window doesn't normally use and notate in my UI notes in the download section so people know.
Old 05-20-2024, 08:30 PM   #5
Pizzanomicon
A Ghoul

I figured it out xD.