Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 01-06-2005, 11:41 AM   #1
ed9282
A Bat

Server: Xev
Send a message via Yahoo to ed9282
Exclamation No UI folders showing up in /loadskin

Ok, I went through the forums, looking for information.

I went through all the steps in the sticked post about problems. Still to no avail. There is only one directory. My main toon has UISkin=CarbonFiber (One of the newer ones here), but still coming up as the default UI.

/Loadskin only shows the default UI, none of the others that I have in the directory (about 6/7). No, they are not subfoldered.

2 Months ago this was working fine. I was using kaori4 (also from here) and no problems, now with the big patch in mid-December, I can't get anything to work...... Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Mr. Ed

Found the problem, with the update I did yesterday, for some reason all the files went ro my Documents and Settings folder. So now I guess I have 2 copies of EQ running around on my computer

Mr. Ed

Last edited by ed9282 : 01-06-2005 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Found the solution
ed9282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:44 PM   #2
Fablan
A Gray Wolf

don't suppose you recently tried to pin everquest to the start button menu?

theres an issue with windows xp where programs pinned to the start menu always think they're running from C:\Documents and Settings\<current user>

so the patcher loads, checks docs and settings instead of the EQ directory, sees nothing..so it loads a new copy of the patcher and then the game into that folder. it's almost impossible to see with something like EQ because it's running the 'everquest.exe' thats in the EQ directory, then redirecting to the patcher and eqgame.exe that are in the other folder later.
Fablan is offline   Reply With Quote