Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 12-09-2002, 03:11 PM   #1
Daellig
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Post Timer lengths for the gui I am making (feedback needed)

Hi all!

In the gui I am making:

Daellig Celtic (based on t.king artwork)

I have the ability to add timers to the interface using Arista's WONDERFUL mod.

Arista's UI Timer

I need to know how many you want on average. I can put up to 7 in the interface based on its current design.

I also need to know what lengths you would want. The names will all be default names since this is part of a GUI and is designed for a large audiance, so I can't put specific spell names in it. However if you have a lot of spells that last say 1 hour I could call it "Long Spell" or something.

The other thing to keep in mind is that I can have some of the timers be the same length, just different colors.

Thoughts?

Daellig
Old 12-10-2002, 10:00 AM   #2
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

What window will the timers be in? will they be an essential part of the UI, or in a window I can kill? (I don't use timers- have a stopwatch hanging on my monitor for the rare occasions when a ranger needs to time something)
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 12-10-2002, 10:15 AM   #3
Lanys.Neoconker
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Lanys T'Vyl
Send a message via ICQ to Lanys.Neoconker Send a message via AIM to Lanys.Neoconker Send a message via Yahoo to Lanys.Neoconker

You should for sure put up a 0:06:00 timer for Mend. Then maybe just do intervals of ten minutes, 20 minutes, etc. Just my suggestion.

<Savage Circle>
One Mind. Any Weapon.
- Hunter B. Armstrong
Say NO to overly-broad EULAs. Your computer is YOURS and so is the content on it. If you do not protect and defend your own privacy then expect it to be violated. (Courtesy of Garryck)
Old 12-10-2002, 10:16 AM   #4
Daellig
A Hill Giant

This is for the t.king celtic based gui I have in my other thread in this forum. The window is actually the MP3 Player, which exists in the lower right portion of the GUI. It is a tabbed window. The first tab shows all current stats, the second tab is the MP3 Player, and I can easily add a 3rd tab that has timers on it for those that use them. There is sufficient room on the tab for 7 timers so I thought I might add them to make the GUI that much more functional.

Daellig.

Here is a link to the pic in the other thread so you can see the window I am talking about.

Celtic dump from Photoshop
Old 12-10-2002, 10:18 AM   #5
Daellig
A Hill Giant

I play a Monk as my main. Mend is definatly on my most wanted timer list.

Daellig
Old 12-10-2002, 12:03 PM   #6
Succubus
A Hill Giant

Server: Morell-Thule

As an enchanter the 2 most important timers for me are 96 seconds and 54 seconds for the 2 different mezzes I use. I also have a timer for Haste and a few others that are random but I would say that most enchanters would depend on those main 2.