Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 03-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
Kevln
A Gray Wolf

Default Default_Old Skin Help please

I recently got a laptop and I have downloaded all the packages so I can play. When I got in everquest all I have under my load skin is Default Skin and on my desktop computer I still use the Default_Old Skin. Is there anyway I can download or do anything so I can have the Default_Old skin for my laptop? Seems when u download now u cant get the default_old back. I tried that default_old_por thing that didn't work. I would appreciate any help please. thanks
Kevln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:44 PM   #2
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevln
I tried that default_old_por thing that didn't work. I would appreciate any help please. thanks

Can you be alittle more descriptive? What didn't work? It is a full UI, normal install, normal /loadskin default_old_por

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #3
Kevln
A Gray Wolf

When I try to load the default_old_por it didn't work. I wasn't sure if there was anything i could download to get all the default_old files or anything. When i downloaded everquest on my laptop and went in game I didn't have the default_old ui skin.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:22 PM   #4
Drakah
Skinning Guru

I realize that, but why didn't it work is my question.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:51 AM   #5
Kevln
A Gray Wolf

I don't know why the ui skins aren't working and I don't know why I can't get the default_old skin. I hate the new ui's and that default one they have. I want to have the default_old skin back and on my laptop there Is none. Is there anyway I can get that to work?
Old 03-24-2006, 06:33 AM   #6
Drakah
Skinning Guru

I can't help you unless I know what the problem is.

You need to attach your uierrors.txt file so it can be looked at, otherwise I have no idea why you are having issues.

PS - The "default_old" folder that you had IS the "default_old_POR" that you can download from here that I updated to POR (prophecy of ro) since Sony is no longer keeping it updated.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:13 PM   #7
Scribble
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Prexus

Quote:
...I don't know why I can't get the default_old skin. I hate the new ui's and that default one they have. I want to have the default_old skin back and on my laptop there Is none. Is there anyway I can get that to work?

umm.. may be a silly question, but you don't have default_old on your computer, right? haven't downloaded any UI's? if this is the case, you have to copy the files from your other computer to the new one.
(please let me know if i missed something there)

-The more I do, the farther behind I get
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:22 PM   #8
Kevln
A Gray Wolf

I tried to download UI's just to see if they will work but they didn't work. What I want is the old skin Default_Old ui skin. When I downloaded all the files on my laptop a week ago I only had the Default ui skin when I went in game. If its possible how can I transfer Default_Old ui skin to my laptop from my computer? Or is there anyway to get the Default_Old ui skin to work? sry for bothering you all but I can't play with these other UI's. I like the old spell icons and stuff. Thanks for all the help so far just trying to get this figured out.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:03 AM   #9
DarkasDusk
A Gray Wolf

Server: The Nameless
Send a message via ICQ to DarkasDusk Send a message via AIM to DarkasDusk
Default "Doesn't Work"

Quote:
I tried to download UI's just to see if they will work but they didn't work.

I think what Drakah is trying to say is that "Doesn't work!" is not a useful piece of information. Does it kick you in the shins? Does it crash your computer? Does it phone home? Does it tell your mother about what you did to that gerbil last month?

You'll need to provide better information than "doesn't work". At the very least, provide the error message, if any, that is displayed when you try to load the skin.
DarkasDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #10
Kevln
A Gray Wolf

Thanks for the ignorant reply, but there is no error message or anything thats why I can't figure out what is wrong. I do everything right to download the UI's and they won't work for my laptop. I do the same thing and it works for my desktop computer. Is there a way to check for compatabilty to use the UI skins for my laptop?
Old 03-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #11
Drakah
Skinning Guru

I do not own a labtop so I couldn't tell you. Though I don't see how there could be any difference between a desktop comp and a labtop via installation or running EQ any differently. The only thing I have ever heard of someone having problems is an installation issue when having more than 1 EQ game installed on the same computer. Still would like to know what your uierrors.txt says.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #12
Kevln
A Gray Wolf

I transfered my eq uifiles default_old from my computer to my laptop and it works now. thanks for the help sorry for bothering you.