Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
dr1zz1t
A Gray Wolf

Default Change Patcher Window font color

Is there a way to change the font color from white to black on the patcher window?
Specificaly I need to change the font color of the "Checking for updated files, please wait..." message.

Last edited by dr1zz1t : 03-20-2007 at 12:06 PM.
dr1zz1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
Chakarum
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Yes, but...

There is a way to do this, but only by using a custom Patcher window. This is because the default will always patch itself to "correct" any problems. However, when a new patcher is installed (usually before an expansion), you will have to update your custom patcher manually.

To use a custom patcher, open the Skins folder in your EverQuest directory. Copy the Default folder and rename the copy to something else (i.e., "Custom"). In the Custom folder, rename Default.xml to Custom.xml (or whatever your folder name is). In your base EQ directory, edit your eqp_config.xml file to point to "Custom" instead of "Default". Now when you launch EQ, you will use the Custom patcher rather than the default one.

Now to change the color, edit the custom.xml file in your EverQuest\Skins\Custom\ folder. Each of the StyleSheet properties controls different areas of the window where text is displayed. I'm assuming the one you want changed is "OutputText". Edit the line <Color Type="Default" Value="214,214,214"/> to the RGB values you'd like. For white, try 16,16,16 instead.

Now, after all this work, you should get your results. When the next expansion comes out, just redo these steps.
Chakarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
dr1zz1t
A Gray Wolf

Default Perfect

Great! Thanks alot
That is is exactly what I wanted to know. I need to change the output text on my custom patch window for my guild due to the light background pic the white text was washed out. Now it looks perfect.

Thanks again.
dr1zz1t is offline   Reply With Quote