Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 10-07-2002, 12:25 AM   #1
KelricStormwolf
Accidental Dupe - See Kelric

Question Player WIndow Mod - Feedback appreciated

Hi... this is my first public mod... I've been messing withit quite a bit and I'd love some feedback. I intend this window to be modular, in the sense that all one will have to do to make it appropriate to one's class is comment/uncomment Pieces and possibly adjust some Y locations on gauges.

And I decided it needed a little color

EDIT: This would be the basic hybrid version, FYI, or what I would use with my Ranger... for Melee I (personally) would lose the Manabar and move STA and EXP up, for Caster I would lose STA and add Casting bar, etc...
Old 10-07-2002, 12:36 AM   #2
Kweil
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Rodcet Nife
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

IMO I think there is too much stuff.

Alas your screenshot doesn't give all the info. I'm not sure what the 0000/0000 or 000/000 is above the resists.

Do you intend for this to be a general purpose MOD?
Old 10-07-2002, 12:52 AM   #3
KelricStormwolf
Accidental Dupe - See Kelric

Ah, sorry... should have explained better. The 0's above the resists are HP/MaxHP and Wt/MaxWt, respectively. I used full sets of 0's to make sure I had enough room every which way.

As far as there being too much... I can see that. Of course, the default Window is fairly simple, really... I personally like to see (what I consider) important info without having to access my inventory all the time.

I'm hoping it's general enough to be useful to a variety of players, yes, which is why I *tried* to make it as modular as possible (meaning, requiring as little XML changes as possible to adjust it for different classes).
Old 10-07-2002, 01:15 AM   #4
Kweil
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Rodcet Nife

I follow the KISS method which is why I think its too much. I would get rid of the Stats and weight since the stats don't change that much and most people don't really have a need to allows know their weight.

But thats just me, its your mod so do as you please

p.s. For anyone how doesn't know...KISS (in this post ) means: Keep It Simple Stupid. Which are very good words to live by
Old 10-07-2002, 07:18 PM   #5
Kitaru Sensai
A Gray Wolf

It is nice for monks to see there weight and the ability to see it at a glance without changing screens is a nice change.

There does seem to be alot but once a person was useto it. it would be a nice reminder that a buff dropped or a debuff was on.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:07 PM   #6
Shainaen
A Ghoul

Server: Vallon / stormhammer

Would love to use this Player window. Where do i download it though?
Old 11-19-2002, 07:05 PM   #7
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells

It's perfect except for 2 things.

1) Add an aa exp gauge and aa exp %

2) Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time seeing blue on dark colors like that. Maybe make the blue lighter?

Other than those two it's great.
They have taken the bridge and the second hall.. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming......
Old 11-20-2002, 01:03 AM   #8
Kelric

Server: Brell Serilis

Thanks! I made some changes (including lightening the blue) but haven't had a chance to get back to it in quite a while. If I have time, I'll break out my laptop and upload a new pic.

I didn't display the AA XP bar because all my characters are <40... the original idea was modularity, where the user could switch gauges in and out just by commenting/uncommenting Pieces and tweaking the locations... not 100% that'll work as intended though, since it seems 4 gauges is as much as I have room for. Still, one could take out the Fatigue gauge and move things up... I'm not totally happy with it, but I may have reached the limit of compromise.

I'll see if I can't get a new SS up, and maybe even get the file uploaded for moderation (in which case it would be available by Friday, I'd think).
Old 12-05-2002, 10:49 PM   #9
Onker
A Fire Beetle

Server: Zebuxoruk

There was a very similar mod out there at one point, and after reformating and reloading EQ (Decision to quit lasted 3 months ) I can't find it anymore. I'd be very interested in the mod you've got.
I like to keep an eye on all that info as I'm playing, weight, hps stats, etc. all mean alot to me as a Shaman. Nothing sucks quite like trying to run and then finding out yer encumbered just that little bit too much to escape.