Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 11-30-2002, 03:27 AM   #1
Elycion
A Gray Wolf

Default Player window gauge problem.

I've been using a mod that I whipped up (borrowing from a few other sources) that combined my Group, Player, and Target windows all in the Group window.

I decided today to move the contents into the Player window instead, mainly to increase the visibility of the flashing auto-attack reminder. Everything moved fine, except the pet health bars. All the other group member gauges vanish when not in use, but the pet health sub-bars do not. I'm a bit confused as the gauges worked properly in the group window, and the code was a straight copy and paste job.

Here's what it looks like:

Here's the link to the code:
XML Zip file

Hopefully someone can spot what my issue is so I can make the darn things invisible when there's no pet like it should be.
Elycion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 03:29 AM   #2
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Remove their background textures, pet gauges don't disappear, but if they don't havea background texture, you won't see them when there's no pet.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 12:25 PM   #3
Elycion
A Gray Wolf

I tried that actually, what happens is that the pet health bar "mutates" into a line 1 pixel high that extends past the player's health bar.

I've no clue why removing the background texture causes that, but it looks like total crap.
Old 11-30-2002, 03:43 PM   #4
Brimztone
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Povar
Default Pet HP Bars

The same thing happens in my Player Skin. I just learned to ignore the Pet Bar when I am using my warrior alt. Im would rather see the bar as it is supposed to be with my mage.

Kind of a little bug Verant has yet to fix, I guess.

A Nasty Elemental with a Gnome Pet
Gnomadic Arch Magus
Officer of Dark Legion
The Green Midget of Povar
Brimzkinz Custom UI Forum
Brimztone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 04:32 PM   #5
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Elycion, the background for the gauge forces the fill area to match the backgrounds dimensions, when the background is removed, the guage is free to stretch, so, if the gauges dimensions aren't, lets say 100 wide by 8 tall, it won't look like a normal gauge, instead it'll look like whatever the gauge dimensions are set to.

Try fixing the gauge size and removing the background, and see if that's better (if it's not you're doing something wrong, I know gauges inside and out).

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 05:50 PM   #6
Elycion
A Gray Wolf

All fixed now, that's what I needed to know. I was unaware that the background graphic was acting as a size constraint on the gauge fill. Fixed the size tags and it's just how I wanted it now.

Thanks