Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 12-23-2002, 06:09 PM   #1
Karnik
A Fire Beetle

Default help please.

ok, i have a problem. i tried to put grygan's UI on my computer and followed his instructions as best i could but when i logged on, my UI is the old velious one. i tried deleting the UI i put in and all files i could find that went with it, but my UI won't change back. /loadskin default doesn't work either. what should i do? i think my problem was that i have no clue what it means to do when it says to change my current charecters .ini to a new one? say my current one is UI_karnik_88.ini or whatever. do i change the one it gives me to that just using rightclick rename or do i go into the file and save it as a different filename? and also there are several different numbers for the same name? like a UI_karnik_88.ini and UI_karnik_65.ini or whatever do i get rid of both of them? do i change the numbers from the new UI to the ones karnik's had or do i leave it as the number that the new UI's guy says? i'm sorry if i'm being so careful but this is really bothering me because without the new UI or a mob for it i cannot use the bazaar or anything. please help! thanks.
Karnik
Karnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 06:42 PM   #2
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: help please.

Quote:
Originally posted by Karnik
ok, i have a problem. i tried to put grygan's UI on my computer and followed his instructions as best i could but when i logged on, my UI is the old velious one.

what do you mean by Velious one???? are you using the NEW UI (typed /newui true)

Quote:
i tried deleting the UI i put in and all files i could find that went with it, but my UI won't change back. /loadskin default doesn't work either.

this has to work, unless you have never activated the new UI

Quote:
i think my problem was that i have no clue what it means to do when it says to change my current charecters .ini to a new one? say my current one is UI_karnik_88.ini or whatever. do i change the one it gives me to that just using rightclick rename or do i go into the file and save it as a different filename? and also there are several different numbers for the same name? like a UI_karnik_88.ini and UI_karnik_65.ini or whatever do i get rid of both of them? do i change the numbers from the new UI to the ones karnik's had or do i leave it as the number that the new UI's guy says? i'm sorry if i'm being so careful but this is really bothering me because without the new UI or a mob for it i cannot use the bazaar or anything. please help! thanks.
Karnik

Yes, simply renaming it... BUT again, it sounds as if you do not have the new UI ENABLED!!

go into the game type /newui true

exit the game to the desktop..

go back into the game.. it should look full screen now with grey boxes.. it should not... i repeat should not be windowed in blue like the old style, or have just transparent boxes like the "velious" full screen did.

if that does not work.. take a screenshot of your current setup and attach it to a reply..

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 01:17 AM   #3
Karnik
A Fire Beetle

Default k

ok i will try the /newui true thing. i had the new UI enabled, but then i tried to load the custom one, and it gave me the velious one when i logged in = (. so i simply rename them? do i keep the numbers after my name or the ones after the one it gives me to change it to my charecter? and i change all of them right? thansk for the help. i'm know i'm a huge newbie and i'm sorry.
Karnik
Old 12-24-2002, 01:42 AM   #4
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

you have to have the # of the server you playing on..

for example Zebuxoruk is 91

soo all of mine are UI_Kudane_91.ini

if i go to the luclin server then it becomes 95 (not really but for this example)

then i would change it to UI_Kudane_95.ini

sooo what ever number is THERE when you open your folder (cuz you have a file there now) is what you want to change it too.. (rename your old file by adding -backup to it)
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 03:35 AM   #5
Karnik
A Fire Beetle

Default ohhh

ohhh that makes alot of sense, didn't know that. ok thanks a ton! i'm going to try and load one and see what happens.
Karnik