Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 01-21-2003, 11:24 PM   #1
Spiritweaver75
A Treant

Server: Cazic-Thule
Send a message via AIM to Spiritweaver75
Talking Awsome UI I could use some help with Please

OK so here it goes... I found this awsome UI that is all and great, but I dont like the built in mini cast bar-it is located under the manabar and is very small, here is a link to the UIAwsome TaseMix UI alright there is that, I would really like to change the casting gauge to one of theseTKing Cast Gauges Anyone of them would do to replace the one the tasemix comes with....I tryed just putting in the files=nothing happened so i put in the files with the edits that is on one of the posts and it wont load skin at all and it loads default....I am hoping someone that knows something about XML would be able to help me and provide me an upgraded tasemix with a better cast bar....Any help would be appricated Thank you very much [email protected]
Spiritweaver75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 12:05 AM   #2
kitsinu
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Xegony

The easiest thing that I can see is to get the Selector Window casting gauge one. If that doesn't do anything, I would like to see your UIErrors.txt listing.

The one I am suggesting is called :
Briar Cast Window (window select)
kitsinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 12:30 AM   #3
kitsinu
A Shissar Defiler

I did some further checking and see nothing that could conflict. One thing that you might check is whether you have the files going in the right place. There are some cases where people have a second copy of EQ installed on their computer due to expansions and are running a copy of EQ in a different place than they think. The easiest way to check this is to right click whatever icon you use to start EQ and look at what the "Target" says. That is the location of the EverQuest program you are using. I hope this helps. :/
Old 01-22-2003, 03:17 PM   #4
Spiritweaver75
A Treant

Default Hmmm

Ok first of all thanks alot for taking interest in helping me. I Downloaded the mod you suggested into my tasemix folder. What i noticed was tehre was no EQUI_SelectorWnd already in the folder perhaps this is a problem. Anyway I put both files in and checked my EQ target shortcut...it is correct. Also on the forum that I found the casting gauge it gives steps to correct it or something, should I edit my Xml file or just put it as it is? I just tryed leaving it plain and I recieved this message(The rest of my UI came up fine and my cast bar was in its tinny usual little place the new one didn't work)"Your XML files are not compatible with current EQ files, certain windows may not perform correctly, Use /loadskin Default to use the default EQ skin" I got that message when I didn't edit the XML I amgoing to go try and edit it now and see what comes up
Old 01-22-2003, 05:13 PM   #5
Spiritweaver75
A Treant

Default Im retarded

Ok thanks for help, but I figured it out all i ad to dowas edit the XML file and once in game it still gave me the error message but when I alt+w it brought up the cast bar
Old 01-22-2003, 08:36 PM   #6
kitsinu
A Shissar Defiler

Doh! I should have thought simpler I guess.

Not having a Selector window isn't a problem. EQ just loads the one from the /default directory when it doesn't find anything. You can have a UI with just a single file load up if you only want one thing.