Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2002, 01:15 PM   #1
Kellk
A Gray Wolf

Default Displaying empty gauges

In the pet window, if you don't have a pet up, you get an empty gauge. Yet, when I put the same code for the pet gauge in my player info window, it is blank until I actually bring up a pet, and then it appears normally. Is there anyway to put a "placeholder" empty gauge in this spot? Or more importantly...how does the Pet window display that empty guage?
Kellk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 01:49 PM   #2
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears

You could put a picture that looks exactly like an empty gauge. If you look at my test ui at http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~tolaes/interface1.gif, There's a big huge HP bar. That whole thing is one big picture that I put behind the actual gauge, it's not a bunch of gauge parts the way VI did it. You could use that technique to maintain the appearance of an empty pet gauge on your playerinfo window.

-TJ

of Xev
psychogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 04:23 PM   #3
Kellk
A Gray Wolf

Hmm...not exactly sure how you did that. I see the pieces of the gauge image in window_pieces.tga, but I'm guessing references to those images are hard-coded. Could you maybe push me in the right direction in terms of how to tell the XML to display an image in that spot exactly under the bar?

I'm just sort of struggling to understand why the Pet info window shows an empty bar (even with background texture turned off) while the same gauge in another window appears blank. /scratches head
Old 08-03-2002, 09:23 AM   #4
Kellk
A Gray Wolf

Ok. I figured out how to do a custom image. Fun. And easy thanks to your tutorial post (stickied to the top) but, it still won't show up...
For example, I've put my pet health gauge in the PlayerInfo window. When I don't have a pet, nothing. No background image for the bar. When I make a pet, the image shows up fine.
Yet, in the pet window itself the bar image is there, even without a pet. I've compared both the PetInfo and PlayerWindow sections where the gauges are defined and they are identical. There must be something I'm missing that tells the bar to appear even if there's no data to fill up the bar. There must be, as the PetInfo window shows the empty bar just fine.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-03-2002, 01:58 PM   #5
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears

The background to the gauge has to be a StaticAnimation item, which you position independent of the gauge. When you get that done, you put the gauge over the StaticAnimation item that you declared. Note that this will ALWAYS show like an empty gauge whether or not you have data for that gauge, if that's what you want then that's the way to go. I don't know how to keep an actual Gauge there while it's empty, like the pet or target gauges, they might be special properties of the gauge types themselves.

-TJ
psychogears is offline   Reply With Quote