Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 10-27-2002, 03:23 AM   #1
morphenine
A Fire Beetle

Server: Solusek Ro
Unhappy Help!?!?!

Ok heres the deal.
I know nothing about xml, i know nothing about programming, and not very much about computers in general. So all of the sudden my compilation of skins just stopped working. All i know is that i see a skin that i like i download it and stick the filed in a folder. So why doesnt everything still work. will those skins that i had never work again, do i just need to download 1 file, or do i need to go find and re-download all those skins that i spent so much time compiling????
I see all these posts on how to update this and that xml file, and I took a shot at it and i think i made it worse (luckily i made a backup of the files before hand). Also i tried to redownload some of the files, and that skin isnt working =(. Can someone please just give me a newbie, user friendly explanation as to why it doesnt work ,and perhaps, offer me an easy solution that involves no programming whatsoever. Thank you
morphenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 10:57 AM   #2
Melosa
An Icepaw Kobold

Not knowing which UI's you are using, it makes it a bit more difficult to tell what is wrong with them. If you know who created your UI, you can try and email or PM them and see if they can help. Another thing you can do is post your UI Errors file so that the gurus here can look at it and say, "Hey! There's the problem! Here's your fix". That file is found in your Everquest file; normally C:\ProgramFiles\Everquest\UIErrors. Or you can just do a search for it (Start, Find, Files or Folders, UIErrors).

There have been SO many changes lately that a lot (I'd venture to say most) of the UIs have had issues. But knowing the folks that frequent this board, they'll bend over backwards to help you out. I hope this helps a little bit (I know, probably not, but maybe it'll point you in the right direction)
Melosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 12:19 PM   #3
morphenine
A Fire Beetle

Server: Solusek Ro
I am using a bunch of remelio's mods, and i guess they havent been updates, because it still says post date is 8-30-02. Also I'll attach my UIErrors file (i had no idea that existed).
Attached Files
File Type: txt uierrors.txt (14.0 KB, 10 views)
morphenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 01:56 PM   #4
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Zebuxoruk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Word of advice?! Stop trying to use the /loadskin popup window in EQ. For the 10 hundredth time It Does Not Work!
Cormanth is offline   Reply With Quote