Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 06-15-2003, 02:05 AM   #1
Bigs1700
A Hill Giant

Exclamation Hmm can ne1 please help?

This isnt really UI related so i gigured this may be the place to post it...... i referbished my computer installed kunnark, Luclin, and then Planes of Power an when i went to log on my account it said my account was registerd to Luclin but it couldnt find the luclin files.. so i went ahead an uninstalled luclin and re instaled it... the message didnt come up anymore.. and it never use to do this but about every 10 seconds i lag for about 15 seconds my Computer meets the recomended requirments i use Cabel to connect to the internet it should be plenty fast enough well i was just wondering if any1 could mabey help figure out why im laggin like that i been playin my necro alot an i duel i cant win a duel because i lag an by time im done lagging im dead thanks
Bigs1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 11:41 AM   #2
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Are you getting internet connection lag (shown in the lag-o-memter) or lag from your computer? Is your hard drive spinning and grinding alot when the lag happens? Did you try disableing some of the new luclin charater models? Try setting your resolution lower? Is your anti virus program scaning in the background? ... hmm cant think of anything else at the moment.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 01:12 PM   #3
Bigs1700
A Hill Giant

Default Well..

Lag Bar is fine dont notise any laggin dun have any antivirus i dont really know what i good 1 to download would be
Bigs1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 01:37 PM   #4
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Make sure you dont have any programs running in the background (ie. you system tray)... a good way to find out what you have running is to do a check...

In case you dont know how...

Click start, run, and then type msconfig, click OK and click the startup tab.. and all the checked boxes are what your system loads up and may be running in the background without your knowledge. Just be careful on what you uncheck. If your on win98 dont uncheck Explorer and Systray otherwise your not going to reboot to windows.

A good place to go to, to test your machine for free and get an profile of your running programs in your msconfig settings is PCPitStop. Once the test is done it will tell you if you have any spyware/viruses on your system and whether or not you need some background programs running or if they are just taking up memory doing nothing.

Hope this helps.

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote