Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 11-17-2003, 06:25 AM   #1
whitedawn
A Gray Wolf

Question cant get 3d ring? how come

please help me fix this would like to have it. i Have radeon card and heard that it wont use the 3d ring ,, have you found a answer yet to this?? thanks whitedawn
Old 11-17-2003, 07:13 AM   #2
Splint
A Gray Wolf

Try starting fresh, delete or remove your whole UI dir. Then in the main eq dir find the files named UI_Char name_server.ini and delete or remove these as well. You can just cut and paste the UI folder and the UI_Char_server.ini to a new dir just in case it doesnt work.
Splint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:24 AM   #3
Lothay
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

There has been extensive discussion of this on the EQLive site.

Someone managed to get the targeting ring to work with maula edits to the EQClient.ini file AND the use of an external application.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:07 AM   #4
fnelite
A Bat

Server: Terris Thule

There were a few new files added to the default UI that need to be copied to your new UI folder: EQUI_Animations.xml, EQUI_TargetWindow.xml, TargetBox.* and TargetIndicator.*
fnelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:58 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Correction to the post directly above mine:

There were two new files that have to be copied from your default folder to your custom folder, TargetIndicator.tga and TargetIndicator.ini
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:25 PM   #6
Elizar
A Fire Beetle

So, if you get those two files and put them into your UI folder (I use inifinite2) and then a ring should appear, or what? What should that do? My current target indicator is a blinking name, I want a 3d cloud ring. I use ATI 9600 Pro. I downloaded the target indicator, and tried to load it in game - nothing happened. What exactly do you do? I don't know what the default folder has to do with it, as the 3d indicator is a custom UI...
Elizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 08:15 PM   #7
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

There is a problem with the ATI 9600 Video cards and the 3D target ring (they are not displaying the ring even under the default UI.) SOE is aware of the problem and is looking into it (actually Roger made a post here regarding it and Kudane linked it on the home page.) Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

The external program that some have used (including myself) with some success is 3D Analyzer by Tommti, but it has not worked for everyone and some have noticed other graphic anomalies when using it.

I'm sure this isn't the answer you wanted, but its all we have at the moment.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote