Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 04-12-2004, 05:50 PM   #1
crazycro
A Bat

Question Lothay - Got a question for you

Lothay, I just wanted to say I love your interface! I am using your 1.1 version. It has everything I want and then some. The layout is great!

My question is, I noticed you have newer versions out there. The one thing your v1.1 is missing is the encumberance value. I know it really isn't a big deal, but I would like to know how much I am carrying. I see in your v2.5, you have the weight in the character window.

No offense, but I still like the v1.1 you have the best Is there a way I can use your new character window in v1.1 without messing up the current settings? What I mean is, I tried to use a different character window, when I use it, the other windows are set to default values. It seems like all your windows are inter-twinded, and if something changed, they all don't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
CrazyCro
Druzzil Ro
crazycro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:07 PM   #2
Vitaee
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I've been using Lothay 1.1 as well, and also love it. Like you, the only problem I had with v 1.1 was that encumberance was not displayed anywhere. What I did, was modified Lothay's v1.1 Inventory window so that so that the weight info appears just below the resistance info. Screenshot of just the inventory window appears below. Since this is originally Lothay's work, I will not post my modified EQUI_Inventory.xml file without Lothay's go ahead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lothay_inv.jpg (29.1 KB, 19 views)
Vitaee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:28 PM   #3
Lothay
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

In the 1.1 version I changed the EQUI_Templates.XML file and the EQUI_Animations.XML file to make the whole thing work. This gave all the windows in the game the new interface without having to edit the XML for each file.

The Inventory window *does* have doe for the weight value, it's just outside the display-able part of the window. Since I mostly just hacked someone else's inventory window to get the one in Lothay 1.1 and I had plans for a version over-haul anyway, I never went back and fixed that.

I'm pretty sure that the 2.5 Player window will work with 1.1, but -- I haven't looked at the code in a few weeks, so there may be some "gotchas" if you do. Feel free to try it out.

Vitaee, You can feel free to post your mods to my UI if you like. I'm glad people like it.

~Lothay