Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 09-30-2004, 12:13 AM   #1
howardb1
A Ghoul

Default How do you increate the height of a bar?

My custom PlayerWindow displays the HP, Manna, Endurance, EXP, and AA EXP informantion as bars and various scores. I'm using the full sized graphic bars and font 2 text over the bars, but the text is taller than the height of the bars, so the when the PlayerWindow becomes transparent the text is sometimes hard to read. Is there a way to increase the height of the graphics bars so they are taller than the font 2 characters? Do I need to use my own graphics for the bars? I don't want to use font 1 because that would make the text very hard to read.

Thank you
howardb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 01:08 AM   #2
Deathbane27
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You do, unfortunately, need either your own graphics file, (or an additional UI2Danimation reference pointing to a different spot in an existing graphics file) to increase the size of the bars.

Luckily, there are several mods with built-in bar alterations that you can use, and they're fairly patch-proof. (I don't think window_pieces01.tga has been updated in the default folder EVER.)

Here's mine, I use it with font size 2 and the text and bar height line up perfectly.

http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=3644

Just copy window_pieces01.tga if all you want is the new gauge bars.

Enjoy!
Old 10-01-2004, 02:53 AM   #3
howardb1
A Ghoul

Default Thanks, but ...

I like the scalopped look of the original bars and how the HP and EXP bars are gradiated and have the little blue lines for the Pet Health and Micro-EXP advance, so I'd like to keep these when I modify the graphics for my taller bars. Is there a guide telling how to modify the existing graphics to preserve these features?

Thank you,
Howard Brown
Old 10-03-2004, 01:31 AM   #4
howardb1
A Ghoul

I tried out your window_pieces01.tga file, and found that I liked it, except that the bars weren't gradiated with little virtical lines between the major divisions. However, when I compared your file against the default one, I found that your file seemed to be strangely missing the right side of each icon in the file, where the default looked complete. Any idea why this would be? I'm using a public domain graphic editor to examine the tga files, and it works fine for the default window_pieces01.tga file. Is there any reason it wouldn't work with your file? By the way how does EQ know where the icons are located in these files and their size?

Thanks
Old 10-03-2004, 02:42 AM   #5
Deathbane27
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardb1
I tried out your window_pieces01.tga file, and found that I liked it, except that the bars weren't gradiated with little virtical lines between the major divisions. However, when I compared your file against the default one, I found that your file seemed to be strangely missing the right side of each icon in the file, where the default looked complete. Any idea why this would be? I'm using a public domain graphic editor to examine the tga files, and it works fine for the default window_pieces01.tga file. Is there any reason it wouldn't work with your file? By the way how does EQ know where the icons are located in these files and their size?

Thanks

Yeah, the 20% divisions on my bars aren't very clear (just a slight change in the gradient), but then I have the % for that gauge displayed on every single bar I use. :P So I removed the markers for a "cleaner" look.

Not sure what's up with the right sides of the icons missing. Works fine in EQ, and the only things i altered were the bars and the endcaps.

EQ knows where to look for things by definitions in EQUI_Animations.xml. That's where most of the elements have their texture file, size, and location designated.

I recommend downloading the Paint Shop Pro 30-day trial and messing around with the files to try to get what you want. Even if you don't get there, you still learn a little.
Deathbane27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:54 AM   #6
howardb1
A Ghoul

Default Thanks

I guess I'm going to have to do that. The editor I purchased does handle tga files, but it shows the items in your file as transparent, which if I modify to add the smaller gradiant changes the items to black when used in EQ. The public domain editor is the one that shows the graphics clipped, so my guess is that it doesn't accurately handel the tga files.

Thanks again