Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 05-15-2004, 05:06 PM   #1
ÆÆÆÆ
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Do you miss the days when soloing was efficient?

Are the days of solo truly gone? Or is there some way to still make it efficient? I miss soloing and leveling faster than my friends who were group-nuts.
ÆÆÆÆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 06:34 PM   #2
Vitaee
Enhanced Imperial Golem

That depends on what class and level you are.
Vitaee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:26 PM   #3
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan
Default Re: Do you miss the days when soloing was efficient?

Quote:
Originally posted by ÆÆÆÆ
Are the days of solo truly gone? Or is there some way to still make it efficient? I miss soloing and leveling faster than my friends who were group-nuts.

I've been playing for 5 years and never remember soloing being efficient unless you were of lower level and that depended upon what class you were.

This is a POV from a Pally and Mag.

*shrug*
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:58 PM   #4
Rebaidah
An Icepaw Kobold

I have almost always solo'd in EQ. I'm a druid, and if I can find a zone I can quad kite in... I'm there! I do miss the days when I could pull 30+ skellies in The Grey and aoe them.
Rebaidah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 11:26 PM   #5
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane

Soloing used to be time efficient as in reward vs effort , sorta still is till about level 25 .At least for the classes i have played an zones i like.

Back in the day id solo 1 or 2 aa points a day at level 51 .Did that at 100% aa had run 3 an regen 3 an 30 aa points banked before i desided to level to 55. They put a limit on number aa banked one could have an 30 was limit.

Used no in game bugs or exploits .Just a steady grind of light blues an blues at 51.While others waited all day for groups id solo till friends got on for group.

Now with toons who should solo better (twinked toons an much better solo classes) than axeion did at 51 in the same spots it takes almost double the time to get the same aa.

Back then slow an steady won the race, now its wait for group an hope it stays together for the big xp.Back then some one afk in group for an hour people would get mad an boot them, now its well least their a xp bonus to the group./shrug

Mark me down for the missing soloing being efficent as effort vs reward.

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:01 AM   #6
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

I've found my mid 50 Bst can solo pretty effectively. Since 50, my sk can't solo for crap though.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:24 PM   #7
sirsnore_alot
A Gray Wolf

Server: Karana

I've actually found solo'ing to be a hazard as of late. My favorite toon of the month is a 52 shammy. Shammys can solo great, they have slows, debuffs, some nice dot's and a pet to work with, as well as great buffs. I've been attempting to solo in Karnor's Castle recently, but it hasn't been working out very well. There are too many lvl 35-45 groups on my server that kill a few Dreadlands mobs up without much difficulty, and decide to go into KC and use their "uber" group to stack up some great exp. NOT. 95% of these groups that come into KC nowadays kill 3 mobs, get a bad pull and train to ent. Uhm- that sucks, because this is where I'm pulling to to solo. I end up getting 5-6 adds and Bam. 10% experience loss due to lowbies thinking they can handle tough mobs.

I also have a 59 druid that I play. I went to PoNightmare other day to attempt to solo, and what do I get for my troubles? 2 Blood Raven adds thanks to a warrior who wanted to experiment with his AC, and who couldn't call out that he was taking mobs to zone-out. Funny thing is, I have a 32 severely twinked out monk, and he can solo just fine, I'm currently solo'ing guards in HK for some quick bucks and decent exp, moving to DSP soon to attempt to solo some rockhops or trying my luck with zelniaks/gorangas. Anyway, if you're gonna try solo now, think about how safe the zone you're in actually is, and how many times you hafta remake your pet (DOH!, and rebuff him too.. HOS-Regrowth-Alacrity = alot more mana than I wanna recast every 5 minutes) Just my 2coppers~
sirsnore_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:47 PM   #8
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

If i want to solo just for AA points, I've found Skyfire is decent. EXP soloing blows atm though.
Inokis is offline   Reply With Quote