Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 09-05-2004, 04:27 PM   #1
spiderling
A Fire Beetle

Question Buttons and <Frames> and Textures, Oh my!

I'm trying to make my own player window, and I'm wondering why when I transfer button information from one window to the next, it looks like all the buttons are layered on top of each other... (i.e. the invite/follow buttons from the group window do NOT work at all in the player window, even though I copied the text directly from the group window UI file.)

Secondly, when I try to position the flashing attack indicator in the player window, it seems... well.... impossible. I don't understand how to position the frame and/or texture correctly to have it flash anywhere but the upper left hand corner.

I've tried changing the file itself to be transparent everywhere but the lower left and matching it to the window size, I've tried changing the frame location and size, and the texture size in the UI file... but nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions and tips on what I'm doing wrong? I've only been at this about a day and would appreciate some veteran tips.
spiderling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 06:46 PM   #2
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

For buttons, you cannot move them out of their parent window yet. To do this they'd need to have an EQType.

What i did to combat this issue, is i used the group window as the parent window and added all the information from player window in. So it appears that the group buttons are in the player window, when actually its the group window with player info.

As far as the target indicator and attack indicator, you cannot move them and have them work. You can, however make a transparent block in the window you want them to appear in. Once you make a transparent block, then size the attack and/or target indicators to that size. Lock them in place behind the transparent section, and they will appear to be in that window and have full functionality.

I use this same technique for my Player/group window. The Attack and Target areas are transparent sections in the .tga where i've locked those windows behind the player/group window.

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...tnow=1094428480

Last edited by Inokis : 09-05-2004 at 06:56 PM.
Inokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:33 PM   #3
spiderling
A Fire Beetle

In reference to the attack indicator, I'm just trying to position the flashing box somewhere else in the player window besides the upper left hand corner.. I guess if I wanted to put the hotbuttons in the window, I could use the hotbuttons window itself for the "playerwindow" and just not use the group/player windows. (I use ctrl-i/d for grouping, so those buttons I don't really need)

So any window that has buttons must retain them for them to work is basically the answer here... as well as I can reduce the player window to simply be the attack indicator and lock it by the hotbutton window when I'm done... I think that Sony should let us move buttons around to make it more changable
Old 09-05-2004, 11:34 PM   #4
spiderling
A Fire Beetle

Also, thanks for the tip!
Old 09-06-2004, 01:11 AM   #5
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

to make the attack indicator appear to position somewhere else in the window, you'll have to draw a new .tga. The way the window operates is that it loads the indicator.tga starting at the upper left. When you remake the .tga, offset the image how far from the left and top you wish to have it appear. The best way to do this, is to make a 256x256 blank canvas that is transparent, then paste the indicator you wish to use into this blank canvas. Now position the indicator however far in you wish it to appear.

I used this technique for my TargetBox.tga in the target window (gif version for site compatability). With the background color highlighting the image, you should be able to understand more what I was explaining:

Last edited by Inokis : 09-06-2004 at 01:42 AM.
Inokis is offline   Reply With Quote