Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 03-02-2006, 01:25 AM   #1
shadriel
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default effects/songs/aura and blocks requests

i currently have very nice buff effects and short duration effects windows that i really like, my trouble with them is that the new aura effects window does not seem to be compatable and will not even load up, neither will the buff blocking (self and pet) windows. i have been trying to learn how to use sidlwidl, as well as, sidl fiddle, but i'm getting errors with sidl fiddle and can't seem to figure out how to actually add on or change anything with sidlwidl. so if someone knows how to make/create the changes i would like, i'd really appreciate it. i will attach my current short duration effects file and my buff effects file in the hopes that someone can fix them for me. my aura and blocking windows were simply taken from the default folder, so i will not include them as an attachment. here is what i'd like to see =

EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow: i like my current one very much, its quite useful, what i'd like to see is the amount of effects it will show increased to 10 or 12, but with the same exact style it currently uses. as this would make the window quite a bit longer, i would also like its icons made a little bit smaller = large enough to still have decipherable pics on them, but smaller so that increasing the amount of effects shown will not take up as much space.

EQUI_BuffWindow: my current one is basically identical to my short duration one, i REALLY like this style and layout, what i would like to see is it being increased to show up to 25 buffs, preferably without increasing the size of the actual window. i would like to see the new buff and songs windows having the same size icons, so that they still match eachother.

EQUI_AuraWnd: if possible, i would like to see this in about the same style as my songs and buffs windows, with maybe 6-8 buff slots showing. i actually do not even know what this window looks like atm, because it will not load with my custom UI. at any rate tho, i just need something that will actually be compatable with my custom UI. if this requires editing one of the pieces files or something else, please let me know which of my files you will need and i'd be happy to include it in an attachment. (i suppose i should break down and load up default /shudder, just so i know what it looks like now)

EQUI_BlockedBuffWnd + EQUI_BlockedPetBuffWnd: these windows will not load with my current custom UI, i would just like them edited so they are compatable with my custom UI, i'm guessing these are pretty much only occasionally used windows, so as long as they function properly when i toggle them on, and then go away like they are supposed to when i toggle them off, thats really all i care about. if you need a seperate file from my custom UI please let me know and i will get it to you in another attachment.

if you need any more info, please let me know, i would dearly love to see these files updated for me to use with all the new changes from PoR and DoDH. in the meantime, i will go back to attempting to figure out sidlwidl and sidl fiddle, but i'm getting very frustrated with them and cannot seem to solve the problems i'm having being able to edit these files myself would definitely make my life easier /sigh i've also not been able to find any updates for the effects windows, i don't know who their creators are, its been nearly 2 years since i downloaded them from this site so i don't remember who made them /shrug, and haven't been able to find them since.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (35.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml (11.3 KB, 2 views)
shadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #2
shadriel
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default somewhat edited...

well i managed to get sidlwidl working finally, with the help of a very nice member here, so i've done a bit of work on my buffs and songs windows, but they are not showing up in game quite right, according to all the info i'm looking at, they should show exactly like the rest, but what i've added on is a bit off, its there, its the same size and color and all that, it just doesn't align correctly and is slightly off-kilter. more a nuisance than anything i guess, but if someone has the time to take a look at the files and figure out what i've done wrong i'd appreciate it. as for the aura's and everything else, i haven't tried to change them yet, i'm just a beginner at sidlwidl so that project has me a bit scared LOL... so any help there would be great =) i'll attach my edited files for songs and buffs...

hmm, well its not letting me attach the songs window, but the buffs window is added, only trouble with testing it is finding a character that actually has over 20 buff slots available, closest i have to that is my main with 19.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (35.0 KB, 2 views)
shadriel is offline   Reply With Quote