Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 03-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
Darklord321
A Fire Beetle

Default DPS Window

Hello, i dont know if this is possible or even a shot int he dark at asking but i thought it might be a really good idea if anyone wants to try.

The dreaded WoW has a DPS meter that tracks DPS of all party members and forms it into a bar that goes up the more damage each person does. This Meter can be reset for boss kills and such. I thought it would be very neat to have in EQ, resetting it for say a main boss in a raid force or just to see who is puting out damage well in groups would be very nice for tracking Damage Done.

If this isnt possible (and being that it hasnt happened yet i have to assume it isnt) i wonder if there is a Interface option that might be able to track normal mob by mob DPS much like EQcompanion or Pixie does... if there is a way to do it i might request a dev look into doing it and i know myself as well as hundreds of others would be happy to donate... hell you would get 5 bucks from 50 people just in my guild without a second thought...

Thanks to anyone willing to give either idea a try!

Vandil Izer
Raid Leader of Haunted Dreams
Drinal Server
Darklord321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Can you say "3rd party software?"

Sony tolerates stuff like Yalp since its a totaly standalone parser, the are iffy about macro software like MyMacros or bundled software from gameing keyboards. They are totaly intolerant of any thing that live parses the game and then feeds it back into the game control like MacroQuest.

I agree it would be totaly harmless, but I am sure sony would feel it would go against gameplay since they wont even give us a way to recieve numerical data on other players or NPC's.

Would be a really cool thing to have in the UI though.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
Darklord321
A Fire Beetle

Thats odd because we can already see number from all other NPC's and PC's through in game filters, it wouldnt be a huge upgrade to justhave a meter that flows across showing a bar with how much you have done compaired to anyone else you have into for... IE Groupmates /shrug
Darklord321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:27 AM   #4
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Yeah, no way to do that in the UI. However, eqwatcher and log parsers can pretty much do that, and in theory they're allowed by the EULA as they just use the logs and report on what's happening. They're not actually adding any functionality that shouldn't be possible (like showEQ).

If you're curious,
read the EQwatcher EULA page.
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote