Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 10-04-2002, 11:46 AM   #1
Esxaan_Sashaan
A Fire Beetle

Default Idea for nice layout

http://www.boomspeed.com/stiletto/NewUIidea.bmp

While looking through the different UI's for Hybrids I saw some very beautiful ones, and really admired the hard work and effort put into them. But, I'm the kind of person who likes simplicity and clean style. (Not to mention I really doubt my computer can handle some of the new UI's people are coming out with) I want something that will show all the information I like to have while taking up minimal space. But, a little style is nice too. Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to make new skins, so I was hoping that maybe I could convince someone here to make up a new UI for me and the other Hybrids (I also think that casters would like this as well). I made a little diagram of what I'm looking for using Paint with my mad skills I actually saw a screen shot of someones UI that looked kinda like this, but not the same, just a similar layout. Just a little additional info.

I'd like to keep the Pet window, the Effects window (buffs), the window with the abilities, socials, attack, ect, the compass, the inventory, and other windows I don't normally have open the same. I like the fact that I can close and minimize these windows if I need or want to, and they just work fine for me when I play my Beastlord or Ranger. This will also save some time I believe.

I'd like to see the Window Selector just cleaned up a bit and made smaller.

Spell Gems: I like these to be a little small, or the same size as they are now, but a little space between them would be nice, since I sometimes accidentally cast the wrong spell. Not a priority, but it would be nice.

Vertical Casting Bar: Little idea I came up with, someone else may have already done something like this. I think it's a nice touch.

Hot Buttons: Smaller hot buttons isn't a problem for me, since I usually just use the numbers (1-8) anyways, of course a little arrow button at the top would be nice so I can go to the other pages.

Main Chat/Chat 2 Basically, same as the normal new UI's, only boxed in. Need to be able to scroll up and down, I miss a lot.

Melee: Just needs to be big enough for numbers and the word "miss". Definately need to be able to scroll up and down so I can show off good hits to the guildies... ;D

My Info: Don't need my name, I know what my name is. Would like Health Bar and current/max hitpoints, stamina bar, mana bar (if you can get a current/max for this it would be freaking great). No need for Exp and AA bars, I already obsess enough...

Target: Just the targets name and Health bar is fine, with the percentage next to it.

Group: Just the names and Health bars (with the pet bars) as they are now is fine. I don't need the percentages since if I see someone getting low, I target them, and viola, they're percentage is right there in the target window!

Lag-O-Meter: I don't know what you call this thingy, but the way it is now works fine for me. (when it's not lagging)

And one other thing, I don't need any of these things labeled (ie, I don't need the target window to say 'Target', or the group window to say 'Group'.) This should save a little space. The background around the windows can be anything you like, but I'd like to keep it simple and non-class specific so I can use it on my Beast, Ranger and Druid without the beast having trees and flowers and the Druid having bears and gators. Not to mention, simple will help with memory, lag, graphics I believe. Just black or grey works for me...

I know I'm asking for a lot, but I can't do this myself, or I would. Not to mention you'd be doing a lot of people a great service, as I know a lot of folks who will most likely want this. Of course, feel free to be creative and tweak this with whatever you feel would be a nice addition or whatever.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I run at 1024X768 if this makes a difference.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:05 PM   #2
Esxaan_Sashaan
A Fire Beetle

Default One change

I just read that "Thou shalt not make the casting bar vertical" so I guess that's right out. ;D Not a big deal, if it can not be altered in this way the normal old one works fine for me.

Thanks agian for your time.
Esxaan_Sashaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 10:48 AM   #3
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

most of this doesn't require any modification at all actually- you can do all of the layout and extra-chat-window-creation stuff from within the new UI. Lots of basic skins have taken the titles off various windows...you'll need to combine them. There are so many spell castbars out there it's not even funny. Just look through the downloads and see what you like
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote