Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 11-09-2002, 03:24 PM   #1
Sebas
A Gray Wolf

Default Timing issue: Fading spell gems

Ok, have noticed this problem: When I cast a spell/song, the casting bar gem fades right away. After a slight delay, the hotkey spell gem will fade accordingly. When the spell/song ends, the casting bar gem return to normal right away, but the hotkey spell gem has a slight delay before returning to normal. This delay is variable, sometimes it is on time, sometimes it is very noticably not synchronized.

To best see this, arrange your casting spell gems right next to the appropriate hotkeyed spell gem.

As a bard, constantly starting and stopping songs, this variable delay drives me batty and I have not been able to figure out a way to get both the casting gems and the hotkey casting gems to be in sync.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering right now whether it is a function of my older pc and newer pc's might not have this ui issue.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Sebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:32 PM   #2
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Haven't noticed it but I dont normally have spells duplicated in the hotbuttons. I do some checking...this could be an as yet un-reported bug.

Give your description, I'm not "shocked" that this is happening. Basically, hotbuttons have alot more processing to thru. Could you post what you have in your 10 hotbuttons... this would make trying to replicate the problem alot easier.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 09:31 PM   #3
Sebas
A Gray Wolf

I've stripped my hotkey bar basically down to nothing to try and pin this down further. I've got 9 /who hotkeys and 1 spell (Selo's Accelerando) hotkeyed.
Sebas is offline   Reply With Quote