Password

Old 11-18-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
jobeken
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Glass

**INCREMENTAL UPDATE .2 **

UPDATE:
The .zip file now contains several folders with color names. Those folders contain a replacement window_back.tga that is a partial transparent tileable color slate. By copying the window_back.tga from the color folder into the glass folder and overwriting the existing file, all transparent windows that use the WDT_HUD definition will change to that background.

The WDT_RoundedNoTitle borders now have the "glass" look to them, not much of a noticeable difference to that little 3pixel area, but enough

Removed the Tracking Window XML. I will be writing a new version later, based on ranger input I have received.

Changed all modified windows to have a border, not be transparent and use the WDT_HUD definition. Any window I have modified will take on the appearance of the window_back.tga file now.

Moved all custom textures/animations/definitions to the file EQUI_Glass.XML and added it as an include in EQUI.xml. This follows the Statix idea of using ../default/EQUI.xml

** NEXT STEPS **
Remove player animation from inventory and reformat inventory (send suggestions now)

Change hotkeys window (target window xml) so that all slots for clickies are at the top of the file. Easier to edit in the clickies you prefer over the defaults.

No matter how silly I think they are, people want names next to those buffs. So I am shrinking the buff icons abit and putting in a name line.

Then I will start digging into other files I want to mod
(send suggestions in now)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) There is no screenshot. This UI is designed for ALL classes and ALL player types. The windows are designed to go where you want them. Please use /loadskin glass
Position the windows as you like, in resolutions 800x600 and greater.

2) Any and all input is totally welcome. The XML is NOT final, Aviehenda will write the final XML to go with this graphics pack.

3) Please, even if you hate this skin, provide feedback. Our goal is to make one skin for all classes that provides an easy to use, comfortable interface that disappears when you dont need it and is there when you do.

4) This release uses TKing spell icons, spellbook and black marble background with Remelio's spellbook XML. All other graphics and XML that is not default was written by me.

To download the pre-release/preview release version...
http://www.tweek.org/glass.zip

Thanks!!

Last edited by jobeken : 11-19-2002 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2002, 04:42 AM   #2
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

Any tried this UI?
Maybe a picture to see
Old 11-19-2002, 05:12 AM   #3
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells

Gonna try it right now and I'll post SS's after.
They have taken the bridge and the second hall.. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming......
Old 11-19-2002, 05:48 AM   #4
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells

Here they are. I'm not sure how you wanted the windows to go together but I just put them in any way that made sense.

BTW, first SS is in 800 x 600, second is 1024 x 768. I think it fits 1024 x 768 MUCH better. LOL I kinda went crazy with the chat windows though.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ui_ss.zip (754.3 KB, 506 views)
Old 11-19-2002, 05:54 AM   #5
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan
Default Re: Glass

Quote:
Originally posted by jobeken
To download the pre-release/preview release version...

Moved to the beta forum.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:24 AM   #6
jobeken
A Shissar Disciple

Thanks Dolby Thats twice today you fixed my mis-posts *hug*

Exactly why I posted no screenshots Kaenil. You put a nice arrangement together, totally different from my own
Hope yah like it
Old 11-19-2002, 11:38 AM   #7
jobeken
A Shissar Disciple

Exclamation

go, go to top.

UPDATE
Old 11-21-2002, 02:20 PM   #8
Kilarny
A Bat

Tried this skin out last night, I really like it. I replaced buff window with the one from Kao. The only other thing is I like the side by side hot button box with inventory next to it. Other than that great job.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:30 PM   #9
weawen
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Xev
Send a message via AIM to weawen

I am trying to change the background in the vert skin, how do you do it? I though you might know because you are changing the background image on your skins =).

Inspect Me
Old 11-22-2002, 08:39 AM   #10
jobeken
A Shissar Disciple

Create a new window definition that uses your own graphics files...Mine is called WDT_HUD and can be found in the file EQUI_Glass.xml - if you want to use it as an example...

Then under each window that you want to use your custom definition, edit the <screen> section to use your window definition instead of the default.

Glad you like it

I am working on some major changes including adding buff names to the listing and shrinking those icons down...Will be coiming *soon*
Old 11-23-2002, 05:24 PM   #11
jobeken
A Shissar Disciple

I have found too many things the UI wont let me do under my current codebase...

I will be re-creating all windows using my own XML definitions and graphics...So scraping this code, use it if you want but wont be updating it further...

Any and all XML or code I created here is public, do with it whatcha want, if anything
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eq000002.jpg (66.7 KB, 691 views)

Last edited by jobeken : 11-23-2002 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:33 AM   #12
blazel
A Gray Wolf

Server: cazic thule

http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4376

Check this out. Now you dont have a background to change but the author said that he could change the color of the health bar based upon the current health. This would be fantastic. Another health indicator would be great. Sometimes the length of the bar is hard to determine based upon what the current setting is. I find myself looking at the sky alot to really be aware of the groups health.