Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 12-23-2002, 01:52 AM   #1
Dagrath
A Fire Beetle

Default switching lifebar colors/graphics....

in the skin I currently use (a modified version of the Crystalmethod Vert skin).... the lifebar in player window and the lifebars in group windows are a nice shade of silver. And the lifebars for a player who is zoned out is a really nice shade of blood red.

Well.... what I would love to be able to do is reverse the colors, so that zoned out players are silver, and my lifebar and the lifebars of my groupmates are the blood red.

I would hope this would be fairly simple, can anyone give me some hints on where to start?
Dagrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 09:23 AM   #2
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Server: Saryrn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Ok you will need to become comfortable with XML programming to do this but here goes.

With in the xml files for your windows that you are wanting to change there will be sections for the gauges. it will be different depending on the window you want to edit but as an example the one for the Groupwindow first group member would be <Gauge item = "GW_Gauge1">. once you find this section you need to find the entry in it that is labled <FillTint>. In this section is defined the RGB values for your color. You will need to find these values for the two that you want to switch the colors of and notes what the values are. You will need all three parts of the Red Green Blue values to make the colors you are looking for so make sure you get all of them for the olor you want. Next you just change the one you want ot change to the new three part color code and save the files. you will need to do this for all of the gauges that you are looking to change.

Not entirely sure whether you can actually change the color of the out of zone gauge color but if someone else knows about that part they can chime in here.
Old 12-24-2002, 11:25 AM   #3
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

For some reason the zoned-out color seems to be hardcoded. It's really weird what's hardcoded and what's not...doesn't make a whole lot of sense =/
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 01:09 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Quote:
Originally posted by aeluin
It's really weird what's hardcoded and what's not...doesn't make a whole lot of sense =/

/nod
/agree

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 02:26 PM   #5
Dagrath
A Fire Beetle

thanks for the help!

So what determines the zoned out gauge color if you can't change it manually? My current UI is definitely not the default color it is in the normal UI....
Dagrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:13 AM   #6
nevergone
A Hill Giant

Server: The Tribunal

Quote:
For some reason the zoned-out color seems to be hardcoded. It's really weird what's hardcoded and what's not...doesn't make a whole lot of sense =/

SOE has been telling us this for years!

I'm sure they grind their teeth all the time when they run into these kinds of things. It's really too bad that Everquest was designed before the revolution of in depth modifiable games.
nevergone is offline   Reply With Quote