Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 11-30-2002, 07:41 PM   #1
Daellig
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Question Frame questions

Hi all!

I am creating a custom border for the compass, however whenever I add the correct graphics files to the left and right border lines in the border section of the template I am making the window goes blank. SidlWidl shows it just fine. The other portions of the border do not have any problems, just the left and right borders. I have determined that I can get the left and right portions of the border up to 20x24, but If I go to 21x24 the compass blanks out. Odd eh? Zip Attached.

Failing that, is it possible to place the Compass Screen object inside a tab or as a subscreen in a parent window? Or the inverse can the Compass Overlays exist in a tab or a subscreen inside the main Compass window and maintain functionaility?

Daellig
Attached Files
File Type: zip compass.zip (39.0 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by Daellig : 12-09-2002 at 11:58 AM.
Daellig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 02:36 PM   #2
Daellig
A Hill Giant

Hello? .... echo ... echo ...echo ...

Anyone out there?
Old 12-10-2002, 01:27 PM   #3
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: E'Ci

I had a problem adding a border to the compass as well.

I wanted a compass border that was actually larger than the compass itself, such as the ones pictured here:

When I made the border initially, it looked all wrong. The sides were stretched out really long, adding a black area inside the border under the compass. I double checked and found no errors in my xml. Through experimentation, I found that I could fix the window size by adding blank space around the border, widening the bottom border to the same thickness as the top.

I think the border layout code has some bug with borders that are thicker than the window they surround ... or something.
Xymarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 02:31 PM   #4
Daellig
A Hill Giant

Xymarra,

Thanks so much for responding. Have you looked at my post in the pre-beta forum? I have a ton of information and some examples of things I have tried. Tonight I will try out your comments and see if I can get it to work. And yes, I definatly agree that the code for handling borders is bugged.

Daellig