Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 11-04-2005, 01:38 PM   #1
Grumbuk
A Gray Wolf

Default AT_InitialSettings.ini

I think this was missed in the docs, just wanted to mention it.

If the file "AT_InitialSettings.ini" exists in an audio trigger folder, and a player has not yet used that audio trigger folder, the game will load settings from this file one time (and only the first time) and then will save the settings in the usual ".\userdata\AT_<triggerset>_<name>_<server>" file.

The purpose was specifically to allow for easy configuration of default settings when you install a trigger set for the first time.

Cheers
Grumbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
Edimas
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

For all those looking for information on setting these up I have found this little gem from Grumbuk to be 1 of the best tidbits of information out there once I figured out what he was trying to tell me. It is certainly a major key if you are sharing your setup with others.

If you are looking to take someone elses setup and put it on your computer most people seem to zip up the .wav files and include the AT_<trigger>_<toonname>_<servername>.ini file. Hopefully if they were kind they also included all the folders as well for the .wav files to go into when it is unzipped. I was unable to find any real information other than this post about the AT_InitialSettings.ini file. Nothing I could find told me if it existed anywhere or if I had to create it, and what to put in it if I did. Turns out it is just as easy as putting the AT_<trigger>_<toonname>_<servername>.ini into the trigger directory and renaming it as AT_InitialSettings.ini.

So if you are creating a file to share with the world it might be easier on the end user if you would just put those files into your trigger sound directories and rename them before you zip it up. Then they can just unzip it into the /audiotriggers directory and go into game. In game they will find a trigger set for each directory name and when they select it that AT_InitialSettings.ini file will take care of the rest. Regardless of how many characters on that same account need the same settings, or what server they are on.

For some of you this will probably seem obvious. For many people who are just looking for decent sound sets that they can plug and play, hopefully they will find it helpful and it will reduce the frustration of those who are trying to implement someone elses trigger set on their machine.
Edimas is offline   Reply With Quote