Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 01-21-2003, 05:07 AM   #1
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Healer oriented group window w/tking graphics

I decided to keep the current version at the top of the thread.

Its intended mainly as a healer group window, but will work for everyone.

It has all 6 group members in it, It leaves out your name, but has names of other group members over thier lifebars.

Life gauges are slightly thicker than normal for increased visibility in higher res.

Pet lifebar, Exp and AA bars are at the bottom by the invite/disband buttons.

Each life bar has a large gem on the left end that has a life % indicator in it, and the gem changes color as the person takes damage. Green(100%) to yellow(75%) to orange(50%) to red(25%) to flashing red(~20%).

If you would like to try it, download it and let me know what you think. Click links below to download. Unzip it to your UI directory, it is a self contained mod with its own graphics files.

Download version with transparent background.

Download version with background.(shown)

1/28/03:
Fixed pet lifebars.
Using different graphic for the gauge tubes.
Added F key lables to the color changing gems.
Moved the % numbers onto the lifebars.
Changed gauge backgrounds so the rings show in the dividers in the gauges.
Added blank gauges so the metal rings show in the gauge tubes at all times.

1/29/03:
Changed the size of the % labes on the lifebars so they do not block mouse clicking the lifebar to target a group member.

Changed the order the gauges are so that the pet lifebars for group members can be clicked to target the pet.
Shadowed Soul

Last edited by Caleal : 01-29-2003 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:57 PM   #2
Butch
A Ghoul

Talking Nice Work

I really like the new group window. I was wondering if you could make a version with exp and aa at the bottom. Being a cleric i dont watch my stamina too much.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:30 AM   #3
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Server: Luclin
Featured Artist

Looks good - nice job! You have made some improvements to the grp portion that I thought needed to be done to my smaller version. I don't have time to try this tonite, but what sort of pet gauge problems are you seeing?

Kuv
Old 01-22-2003, 05:54 AM   #4
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>

LOL, pet guage....

I stole this last night to hack up the great job you guys 'collaboratively' did for a horizontal (cuz that's the way I am) and discovered as my Beastlord partner conjured up a friend that they just don't show up.

No errors, even when replacing the the guage template with the default guage template and reloading, the darn thing just doesn't show up...

Gonna work on it again tonite when I'm not trying to get a level, will let you know IF I make any progress.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:53 AM   #5
Xzoltar
A Hill Giant

Server: Karana

I really like the new look but to reason why I will still using the old t-king group windows.

1. Stamina/breath/casting bar : not useful as a cleric ( O well not for me at least ) and Already have it in another windows...

2. I dont seem to see the F2 m F3... button, this really make cleric job easier like this and dont make error, when you think the main tank his in slot F4 when he his in F2 oups, CH Incomming on Enchanter.... You know what I mean...

But nice work
Old 01-22-2003, 07:26 AM   #6
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Xol: /agree F key Notations are the absolute MOST important thing to a healer GW. (Mine are font size 5 on the horizontal mod.)

Caleal:
am at work, so cant test....erg....

Think this may be it, cuz XML is really weird about placement of tags and this may be in an area it should not be...
---------------------------------
- <GaugeDrawTemplate>
<Fill>GW_TKTubeFill</Fill>
</GaugeDrawTemplate>
<TextOffsetX>-100</TextOffsetX>
</Gauge>
---------------------------------
1) I dont see a Background Definition <Background></Background>
2) <textoffsetx> is in the template definition. I think it should not be cuz of XML's quirkiness.

Here also is a preview of the horiz mod I will be using based on your initial work (if we can get the pets to show up )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg horizgw.jpg (26.5 KB, 302 views)

Last edited by sc2kmayor : 01-22-2003 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-23-2003, 06:41 PM   #7
cytogene
A Gray Wolf

Default F-key notations?

I used to use Fkeys for targeting. after time u just know what member is what Fkey. if you hav to look to see u may not make it. i use my mouse to traget now from the group window. hot keys to cast. the big bubbles give me a larger target to click on and i can target someone else mid-cast for the next heal. don't use the party window to target if you hav LAG issues. i'v been using this for a lil while now. the red flasher after death really helps rub salt in the wound..lol i enjoy the mod.

P.S. sometimes pets show and sometimes they don't. it's a beta i'm sure it will get there.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:43 PM   #8
Xzoltar
A Hill Giant

Server: Karana

I personnally only use my mouse for tradeskill, selling , buying and equiping myself.

Others times I only use hot-keys. Sometime you reform the group and its hard to remember the place where F1 to F6 his. Sure I can play without them, but this make my life so much easier, I prefer aving them at sight.

All people are different, I prefer not telling in message window what spell im casting, by usally people like read ---( COMPLETE HEALING COMMING ON %T )--- I only use it if a Paladin his in our group, otherwise my group know that IM the cleric I decide if they will live or not
Old 01-24-2003, 11:06 AM   #9
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

OK, so I've got the horizontal mod working and I use it, and I can't find any PET GROUPS to find out if the fixes Ive tried are even working, so...posting this for someone to give it a test and see if the pet bars are online or still hosed.

Please. PM me and post here if you have questions/ideas, cuz I'd love to see both the original and the horiz mod get used for pet groups too.

...do you think if we get the rumor going that there will be 10 spell mem gems on Leg of Yk, that sony will have to make the mod just to keep us happy?

Last edited by sc2kmayor : 01-27-2003 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:18 AM   #10
kasca
A Lost Soul

Server: the rathe
Send a message via ICQ to kasca

HUmmm interesting. I try it tonight.

10 spellls oo my nec and clr just wint to heven or hell depending on there god =))
Old 01-25-2003, 02:34 PM   #11
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

ROCKIN! Got it workin in the Group1,2 spots...hopin it's workin in the others...let me know.

Cal: One of the things that led to it working was changing the GW_PetGuage# tags...The array must start at zero

Reset the PetGuage from 0 - 5 and see if this works it out
Attached Files
File Type: zip sona_horiztk_gw.zip (72.0 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by sc2kmayor : 01-25-2003 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:26 PM   #12
TraleighRoV
A Treant

LOVE the look of this , personally as a cleric i dont use F keys- never have, but i have to agree on making the bottom bars exp/aaxp sta i never look at and as far as breath i think most peeps have EB items now ;p
Old 01-27-2003, 07:39 PM   #13
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally posted by sc2kmayor
ROCKIN! Got it workin in the Group1,2 spots...hopin it's workin in the others...let me know.

Cal: One of the things that led to it working was changing the GW_PetGuage# tags...The array must start at zero

Reset the PetGuage from 0 - 5 and see if this works it out

!

That was it, thanks. Anoying sometimes the little things.

I got it fixed so the pet lifebars show, and did some other changes/additions to it. I also changed the breath and stamina bars into exp and AA bars.
I personally abandoned this for my personal use because I could not get it to fit where I want it in my UI. I generally abandoned the tking graphics overhaul of my UI altogether. I found all the fancy graphics to distracting, and was getting headachs. *shrug*

Anyway, I'll keep working on this and some other mods for individual windows. I'm learning a lot from them, even though I have no intention of ever using them.

***Updated the picture and download links at the top of the thread***

I think I'll redo the bottom gauges a tad and throw in a stamina bar so it will be hybrid friendly, and make a melee version with the stamina bar where the mana bar is now. I havn't decided if I'm going to put in lables for the F keys yet, it just seems like extra clutter that is not needed.

Last edited by Caleal : 01-29-2003 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:36 PM   #14
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I decided to go ahead and throw in the F key lables, tell me whatcha think.

***Updated the picture and download links at the top of the thread***

Last edited by Caleal : 01-29-2003 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:43 PM   #15
weawen
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Xev
Send a message via AIM to weawen

I like how your group window looks, and the exp bars at the bottom are a nice addition, but I also liked the % in the bubbles better. I agree that you do need to put the F# keys some where near the person but I dont think that is a good place for them, maybe next to their names like

weawen (F2)

or something like that

or even

(F2) Weawen

Inspect Me