Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-28-2003, 09:59 PM   #1
Vagabond
A Gray Wolf

Default Allo, target bar mod question.

My skills at XML are pretty much limited to modifying whats already there, I've not gotten the hang of actually adding new elements to a window yet. I've not seen any target bars that quite do what I'm looking for. As such, I was wondering if anyone out there want to whip up this little baby:

The Green is your current HP / max HP (buffed, and therefor green of course, red when dotted, white when normal. All standard jazz)
Next is the Name of the mob.
Next is its HP percentile in Candy Apple Red.
Next, in Lightish Blue is your Mana percentile.
Under all this is the HP bar for the mob.

It seems fairly long in my mockup, but once someone makes all the elements, I can fiddle with positions and lengths and all that to my liking.

Next question (somewhat related.) What are the exact things that need to be changed to make the target bar blink red on auto attack? Everytime this subject comes up, someone posts "search the site", as if, somewhere, someone has put together a detailed how to on swaping the target and the player windows, and what items need to be left where (pet HP gauge). Unfortunatly I've not been able to find a clear, concise faq/post/whatever, and my <lack of> skills have not allowed me to extrapilate what folks are talking about on what threads that ARE out there.

Thanks in advance.

Ninen of Saryrn
The War Council
Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 01:00 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Okay, to "swap" windows, here is what you need to do.

Open your EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml and EQUI_TargetWindow.xml files (using a text editor, Word, WordPerfect, NotePad, etc. blah blah you know the routine )

In the Player Window, copy the information on each of the four gauges (Player HP, Pet HP, Mana, Fatigue). Paste them into your Target Window. Rename them so that you won't get Duplicate Item error messages. I usually run with something simple like:

<Gauge item = "Player_HP">
becomes:
<Gauge item = "TW_Player_HP">

with TW standing for Target Window. Don't forget to add it down in the <Pieces> section also, using the same new name that you gave it.

From the Target Window, grab the information for the Target Hp bar and copy it to your Player Window. Rename as you did above (ie PW_Target_HP) and add it to the Pieces section also.

DO NOT DELETE ANY INFORMATION FROM EITHER WINDOW. You will crash out if you do, or if you are lucky, just get dumped to default.

Now, for each of the gauges in the original windows (Player HP, Pet HP, Mana, Fatigue in Player, Target HP in Target), set the sizes to 0:

<Size>
<CX>0</CX>
<CY>0</CY>
</Size>

That way, the original gauges won't show, yet they are still there, so EQ won't gack and die on you.

You will also need to adjust the sizes of the windows themselves to accomodate the new information in them (Player becomes smaller, Target larger, if those are the only changes you've made)

Save both and viola, you are done. Target window now flashes during attack and Player window doesn't.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote