Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 03-15-2003, 04:26 AM   #1
Jodeko
A Gray Wolf

Default Need a "how to" on tinting Tga files

I'm using Photoshop, and I'm trying to find a step by step guide to tinting the TGA files. I have the ones with the purple color and really like them, but when the added the charm that tga file no longer has the right tint.

any help would be great....

Thanks
Jodeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 01:38 PM   #2
aldeneb
A Wooly Rhino

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm not sure what you are working on.. the inventory where you
are adding a charm slot? That wouldn't change the color of the file at all. I use Photoshop5. In order to change the color of an image you would want to select that image . There are various ways to select an image. But first you would want to make a copy of the image on a seperate layer and rename that layer 0. Do all your mods there so you won't mess up the original file. Select your image by using the alpha channel (select/load selection) or select color range or a marquee or even the magic wand (that's a pain in the a** though) then while it's selected on a layer you can go to Image /adjust/ hue and saturation/ from the drop down menu.
You can adjust it, or check colorize.
You can also use Image/ adjust /replace color/ or image /adjust selective color or color balance as you get more familiar with the tool. I always use brightness and contrast after I am done with hue/sat adjustments and usually don't touch the lightness slider on the hue/sat box. Remember that the value of the color will change depending upon the gamma of EQ too.
aldeneb is offline   Reply With Quote