Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 08-08-2002, 06:57 PM   #1
Kelric

Server: Brell Serilis
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Angry Stupid Newbie-XML tricks...

I seem to have this as a recurring problem:

Whenever I try to add new features to a window (say, Player or Group), I seem to screw something up in the window sizing and the label placement. The numbers just do not seem to make sense.

For example: I took the group window, and wanted to add HP percentages to the end of each gauge. Yes, I know it's been done a thousand times, but not by ME. So I find the right EQTypes, add the labels, name them all properly, set them to be on the same Y as the corresponding gauges and an X that should set them to the right of said gauges. Then I included all the new labels in the list of Pieces. Finally, I change the CX size of the window to allow for the greater width required. Save, run EQ, /load... unable to load.

Grrrrrrr.

Similar problem with my Player window... added stats and weight, everything's cool... except the weight labels are all funky, over top of each other. I adjust the X, a little better... finally got it readable. BUT... given the size of the text (I used the 35/14 size that seems to be standard), the numbers just dont' add up.

So, I guess my question is... do the size and position coordinates actually correspond to each other? If a label is specified to be CX-35 CY-14, do I need to place the next label to the right at least 35 coords away? And does the next line below need to be at least 14 down?

I'm at work, so I can't post my XML or do screenshots... hope the question makes sense.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:43 PM   #2
bordaen
A Ghoul

Send a message via AIM to bordaen

When you get home can you post the XML file and a screen shot and i will look at it for you and see if i can find any thing out.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:11 AM   #3
nwinn
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: druzzil ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It might also be helpful to download someone's mod that has features similar to what you are trying to do... It'd at least be something to reference that works.