Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-21-2002, 07:39 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Finally! Got my UI the way I want it!

Note to the board ops: I'm not sure whether this should be here, or in the download section? Let me know and I'll move (re-submit) if necessary. Also please note that the "links" I have are to the OLD site.

And here is the info:

The Player Window and Target Window have been "swapped" so that the red flashing box shows up around the target instead of around the player window.

Player Window: I like having the percentages on the Player Window, but so many folks put them at the end of the bars, making it longer than I wanted. Instead, I have the percentages showing on the bars themselves. The Player window has (from top to bottom) the HP bar, Mana bar, Exp bar, AA Exp bar (all with percentages on them), Casting bar (pops up when casting, disappears when not), Current HP/Max HP, AC and ATK. Also, the entire window acts as F1, clicking anywhere in the window will target yourself.

Target Window: The Target Window now has the flashing red box around it instead of the Player Window. Again, I have added the percentage on the HP bar, instead of at the end.

Player "Stats" Window (converted Pet window): I like having all my stats available to me without having to open my inventory, so I pulled them all out. However I didn't like the way the stuff "fit" on my screen when trying to use an "all-in-one" that so many other folks have used. I needed to be able to have the information split up around the screen. So, I converted the Pet Window to hold all the "non-critical" information. It has the Player Name, Surname, Level and Class, Diety, then all stats (except HP/Max HP, AC and ATK), resists and current weight/max weight.

Group Window: Removed Invite and Disband from the bottom (I always use Ctrl+I and Ctrl+D. Put their percentages on the same line as their name.

Containers: I liked Container mods I have seen, but I don't swap my range item and ammo enough to warrant having them on the container. Therefore I had mine made with just the primary and secondary slots. I also had the big close button removed from the bottom of the containers, just leaving the minimize and close buttons on the title bar. These two changes shorten the container up quite a bit.

Hotbuttons: My hotbutton box has a column added to the left hand side for inventory/equipment slots. The top slot is the "armour & weapon" bag that is always open right beside it (allows me to open the bag without having to open my inventory every time I zone). The next 4 slots are equipment slots that I am either swapping in and out, or right clicking (or both). The bottom slot is an open inventory slot, good for dropping foraged food/drink into, or (more importantly) a great spot for holding mod rods until it's time to drop them before the fight.

Inventory: Based on the inventory mod by Jaxel (credited below), mine has all the Player Info removed (as it can all be found in the two boxes above), giving it a smaller footprint.

Casting Window: I have it modified so that it doesn't show up when casting, as there is a bar included in my Player window.

Chat Window(s): Stripped label, minimize and close buttons from them. To move them you have "re-size" them into the place you want.

Confirmation Window: Smaller version, VI's is unnecessarily huge.

Credits: The ideas were my own. All the coding work was done for me by my guildmate Brimm. (I think he was about ready to kill me by the end, as I was constantly saying: "Just one more little tweak", which usually ended up not being particularily little. Thanks again Brimm!)

A lot of this stuff comes from EQ Interface:

I used Geddine's Buff Window.

I used the Streamline Window Selector from Larch of Prexus.

I *based* my inventory on the Traditional Inventory by Jaxel. However please note that mine IS different, his still has all the player info in it, which mine has removed. Mine is included in my zip file below.

I grabbed the wnd_bg_dark_rock.tga, wnd_bg_light_rock.tga, window_pieces01/02/03/05.tga from the Druid (Green) Skin by Tippwindy - Prexus (found under "Complete Sets/Skins).

Of course, I grabbed the Ranger Tracking Window mod from Siuan Dhive at The Ranger's Glade.

I got my spell book graphics, spell book icons, buff icons and spell bar icons all from Thomus King. His work remains absolutely phenomal!

I am using the Compass mod from Thomus King too.

I also used the Spellbook modification that Remelio has made for Thomus King's books. The only part of that mod that I actually grabbed is the EQUI_SpellBookWnd.xml.

I am using Remelio's Spell Cast Bar as well.

The Casting Window, Chat Window, Confirmation Window, Converted Pet Window (becomes Player Stats window you see on the left of my SS), Player Window, Group Window, Inventory and Target Window are all included in my zip.

/edit Made the Screenshot smaller.

Last edited by Cairenn : 08-21-2002 at 05:16 PM.