Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-08-2003, 09:02 AM   #1
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Disappearing Buttons?

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had the problem of a button graphic disappearing on them.

Here is what I mean:
My map window was showing all the buttons and everything looked fine. The UI was reloaded because I was switching another window around (nothing was done to the map window or the graphics for it). After the load, some of the buttons on my map window were then just black...nothing else, just black! They worked like they should, but the graphic had disappeared. I also have a friend that I developed a skin for and he has been complaining of the same thing...I just figured it was his computer because I could load the same skin on mine and it worked without any problems.

Here is what I tried to do to fix it:
I reloaded the skin (/loadskin forry 1), but they were still missing...I logged out of EQ and back in (I went to the desktop and back in)...neither of these worked. I then checked the graphics file to make sure it was ok and it was. The code was checked to see if something had been changed by accident, but it was also fine. Finally I decided to reload the skin, but this time not use the ini file (/loadskin forry)...and this worked...the buttons are now back on the map!

My question is...why does it do this? What is happening to the ini file that is making it lose information like this? It's kind of a pain to have to move all those windows back into the correct location. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help!

forry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 09:41 AM   #2
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Just a little more information on this problem. I loaded the skin without using the ini file again and the buttons are still there. I then deleted the UI_Forry.ini file from the Everquest directory. After this I loaded the skin without the ini file again (just incase), then moved some windows around a little. Next I loaded the skin one more time, but this time placing the 1 after the loadskin command (so it would use the ini) and those same button graphics disappeared again!! One more piece of info...those buttons are NOT the only buttons that use that graphics, but some of the other buttons using it still look fine...so it isn't just that particular image. I hope someone can figure out what is going on
forry is offline   Reply With Quote