Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2002, 10:03 AM   #1
Elton
A Treant

Default Help w/ UI mods

I hate asking, but I can't seem to get to the bottom of my problems with some UI mods I made. Here are my files. I didn't make many mods so there's not much in there. I will try to be as specific as possible regarding the changes I made. If I leave anything off please let me know and I can try to provide better information. Thank you in advance for any help any of you are able to provide and for just taking the time to look at it for those that may not be able to help.

The files are:

EQUI_BreathWindow
- I made this window a little smaller and centered the guage. The default breath window has the guage off center to the left and it just annoyed me. I do not think there is a problem with this mod, but since it is among the files in this UI mod I am including it here. I made this mod myself. It's not something I downloaded off the internet.

EQUI_BuffWindow
- I'm not positive, but I think this is the buff window I got from Thott. All his mods are on his page here. I use his buff window on a UI that functions correctly now so I don't think there is a problem with it in my mods, but once again, I have it in my mod folder so I am including it here.

EQUI_CastingWindow
- I got this mod from Thott also. Here is another link to his page. I use this on a UI that functions correctly now so I don't think there is a problem with it in my mods, but once again, I have it in my mod folder so I am including it here.

EQUI_CastSpellWnd
- I think I know what the problem with this mod is. I wanted to make this window smaller to match the size of my Hot Button window. I think I have some overlapping spell gems causing them to fade out completely when I move the cursor over them. Oddly, I started trouble shooting the UI problems this morning by moving UI files one by one in to my TestUI folder and reloading it, and when I had this mod in there alone the skin loaded okay. I can still cast spells from it, but the fade out is annoying. This should be an easy fix when I get the chance. I am including it because it is among the files in this modified UI folder.

EQUI_ChatWindow
- I don't think there are any issues with this mod. I just removed some of the frilly border and the close box and minimize box buttons. Included because it is one of the files in my UI mod.

EQUI_GroupWindow
- Once again, I got this from Thott here. It works fine in another mod I use and I did not change it so I can only assume it is not the cause for my UI woes. Included in the zip because it's among the files in my UI mod.

EQUI_HotButtonWnd
- I downloaded the minihotkey_inv.zip file here on this site. I modified it by removing the current/max weight, the exp bars, the title bar, and resized it to fit with my other mods a bit better. I don't think there are any problems with it, but I'm not positive. I had problems with it when I made some changes to it at one time, but I downloaded the file and made the changes a second time and didn't have the same trouble. This file may or may not have issues. I need to test a bit more. I can post an update after I get home later.

EQUI_PlayerWindow and EQUI_TargetWindow
- I am listing these together because I moved something from one and added it to the other. I am using Thott's files again. Here is that link again. I like having the player HP bar in my player window. I moved it from the player window to the target window and adjusted the size of both windows. Thott reversed the target window and the player window. Thott's mod has the target window flash while you are attacking. The player window is what did this before so he just moved the guts of his old mods from one to the other and vice versa. I use his current mods in a UI that works fine, so I know his files are okay. When I add these two files to my mod folder and reload the skin I get the error message that my files are not compatible with EQ and some windows may not function correctly. I am pretty sure one of these files is causing the error.

windows_pieces02.tga
- I wanted to be able to see which slot was what on the hotbutton mod so I am using this .tga file to make them more clear. I am almost positive this is not the cause for any of the problems.

Like I said above the error I get is some compatibility issue with EQ and my mods. The goofy thing is that the UI will load and appear the way I want it. I haven't actually had problems with any window not functioning correctly (other than the spell gems fading out), but I also haven't tested it much. I'm betting it's some syntax or reference error. I tried to eliminate the error using Sidlwidl, Cooktop and comparing my mod to the default file, but no luck. The mod loads fine in Sidlwidl by the way. That's what I used to check the placement of the items I adjusted.

Any help is appreciated.
Elton is offline   Reply With Quote