Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2003, 02:53 PM   #1
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist
Default Legacy of Ykesha

Just FYI:

Just FYI:

I found out that there will be CD's available after the add-on goes live. Here is the link: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categori...sp?pf_id=233050

This pissed me off to no extent, so I took it upon myself to contact online support, here is the verbage:

(Question was) My wife and I preordered the new expansion "Legacy" with the knowledge that it was for "Download Only". Now I find out that it will be available on CD for the same price. This is clearly false advertising. What will I need to do to receive my copy(s) of the CD's that I was duped into not purchasing?

You have been connected to CSR Chris J..
CSR Chris J.: It's purely downloadable
CSR Chris J.: There are no CDs for it
(Me): There are, want me to get the link for you?
CSR Chris J.: Please
(Me): One sec
(Me): http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categori...sp?pf_id=233050
(Me): It will be available after the addon goes live
CSR Chris J.: first we've heard of it
(Me): This is fradjulant as I purchased it under the pretence that it was download only.
(Me): I would have waited to get the cd
CSR Chris J.: As far as we've known it is downloadable only.
CSR Chris J.: This is honestly the first I've heard of a cd.
(Me): I will hold while you get the information. You have the link to show whoever you need to show
CSR Chris J.: If you want to cancel the order you can sign into your account on station.com and cancel it from your account page
CSR Chris J.: It's a holidy
CSR Chris J.: No one is here
(Me): Then I expect a call tomorrow concerning this, this is false advertisment and subject to fines. My number is XXX.XXX.XXXX I can be reached 24hrs a day. I will expect a call tomorrow
CSR Chris J.: Like I said, you can cancel the order
(Me): That is not my problem, it is Sony's. False advertisment is a serious thing. They need to fix this. I will be expecting a call tomorrow
CSR Chris J.: Ok, you can cancel the order if you want to buy it on a cd
CSR Chris J.: That's fine.
CSR Chris J.: Cancelling the order wont' affect your account or anything else in anyway, then you can buy it in the store
(Me): No, what I expect is CD's to be delivered to me when the are in shipping. Otherwise I know of about 300 people who will be more than willing to be participants in a class action law-suit
(Me): I expect a call tomorrow, it is obvious you cannot deal with this issue.
CSR Chris J.: Ok Sam, Thank you for visiting our SOE Chat line. Take care and have a Good Day!

The only reason they did it this way was to save their sorry butts some of the costs of manufacturing and shipping. I am quite pissed off.

And before you flame me:

Not all of us can afford the luxury of owning a Credit card. My wife and I use Game Cards. In the first place it is discriminatory to say "Credit Card Only".

So I paid a friend cash to order it on his card with the only knowledge that it was going to be download only. Now to find out that it will be on CD. That is pure false advertisment. This was by no accident that they did it this way. If we the paying players of EQ do not stop them from pulling this crap, there is no telling what they will try to pull next.

I am not alone in this complaint. There are many that did the same thing My wife and I did.
Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote