Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 09-24-2002, 09:30 AM   #1
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Arrow Slider Timer

EDIT: v3.0 supercedes this old version. Check out this thread for more details.

Since resetting a digital timer requires reloading the UI, many people find it cumbersome to use. I've created a new type of timer which doesn't require reloading. Instead of resetting the timer, you simply move the slider to mark the position of the timer.

To start off, I made a mend timer for monks. This timer counts up to 6 minutes (duration of mend). Each segment represents 1 minute, and the bar is updated every tick (6-second intervals). (The bar shown uses the Vert gauge graphics.)

To use the timer, move the slider to the position of the bar when you use mend. It will take 6 minutes for the bar to reach the slider again.

Download this mod:
Edit: Links to the prototype version have been removed because new version is now available. Visit the timer home page for details.

Coming soon:
I'm currently in the process of updating the timer customization tool to include options for the "slider" timer. New options will include:
  • Multiple slider timers with various custom durations
  • User-specified number of slider timers
  • Custom text and time labels for each bar
  • User-specified color for each timer bar
  • Additional window options and advanced options
Check the timer home page for updates:
http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/eq/timer.asp

Last edited by Arista : 09-28-2002 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:06 AM   #2
Telion
A Ghoul

Real nice idea, my monk will be HAPPY
Old 09-24-2002, 11:07 AM   #3
Vecsus
A Gray Wolf

Default ..

6 minutes huh? perfect for us Beastlords with Savagery. Duration on the spell is 6 minutes. we can either let the timer run the full 6 or set to half for the 3 min recycle on the spell so we can see when its almost time for it to repop and cast on our second target.

very well done. will DL this when i get come from work today
Old 09-24-2002, 01:03 PM   #4
Saoshen
A Snow Cougar

Arista,

You RULE!

Edit:

You may need to make this compatable with your mez/spawn timer? ie change the tga file name, if you want to have both timers....

Last edited by Saoshen : 09-24-2002 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:36 AM   #5
wolja
A Treant

Server: veeshan

Arista
Great work again. When you customise the timer customisation can I suggest that you allow the user to specify the time period if possible?

Also please please please enable this and the current timer to co-exist.

Wolj
Old 09-25-2002, 12:08 PM   #6
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Thanks, I'll modify the currently available mend timer so that it'll co-exist with my other timer, and post it here tonight. In the meantime, you can change the name of the TGA (and its reference in the XML) as Saoshen mentioned.

When the custom XML generator is updated, it will give you the option of combining the timers in the same window or leaving them in different windows. And yes, you will be able to specify a custom duration for the bar.
Old 09-25-2002, 01:38 PM   #7
Garawin
A Fire Beetle

Arista,
Very nice! It had me playing around making different sized similar timers.

One thing I'm wondering though is if it's possible to have this type of thing re-start.. or start from the beginning when first opened. The continuous moving bar for periods of a few minutes or more seems great, but if you try to use it for a short timer it seems a little unweildy. If somehow the animation could be started from the beginning when opened it would be a nice tool for short timed event (like mez timing, etc.)
If this isn't currently possible, then maybe we should suggest this to Verant since it would make for some very usable "pop-up" timers.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:20 PM   #8
Conen
A Treant

Garawin

If the screen did restart when u opened it would it be possable to make a macro that not only allowed you to mend but closed/opened the window?

That would be the best if its at all possable
Old 09-26-2002, 01:09 AM   #9
Arista
TimerMod Creator

For those that are interested, the mend timer downloads have been updated so that they will co-exist with the original mez/spawn timer.

Quote:
Originally posted by Garawin
One thing I'm wondering though is if it's possible to have this type of thing re-start.. or start from the beginning when first opened.

That would be nice, but unfortunately, we cannot force animations to restart, aside from reloading the UI (the main reason why the slider was added in the first place). From my post in another thread:
Quote:
Originally posted by Arista
Animations are displayed based on the time the UI was last reloaded. That means, which frame is currently displaying will depend on when you reloaded, and nothing else. Opening/closing the window, changing tabs, or putting an animation on a button will NOT cause the animation to restart from the first frame. The only way to force animations to restart from the first frame is to reload the UI (unfortunately).
Old 09-26-2002, 05:26 PM   #10
Montour
A Fire Beetle

I must be doing something wrong, I can't get the timer to work..

I even went back to the default UI and tried the timer.. Didn't work..

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Montour
Old 09-26-2002, 05:36 PM   #11
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Montour
I must be doing something wrong, I can't get the timer to work..

I even went back to the default UI and tried the timer.. Didn't work..

What is the exact error you are getting?

- If the UI loads but you don't see the timer window, you may need to toggle the window (using the hot key or window selector)

- If the UI doesn't load and gives an error, look in your UIErrors.txt file to see what went wrong. It shouldn't give an error unless there is another mod that happens to interfere with it.

Try creating a brand new folder in the uifiles directory, name it "slider" (or whatever), and place only the new XML and TGA inside. Then type "/load slider 1". If that still doesn't work, please give more details here.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:15 PM   #12
Montour
A Fire Beetle

Here's what I did.. First I'm using the help and I've tried the friends window timer.

Regardless if I use any skin (I've tried 3 combo's including default and your suggestion of making a slider folder and just adding the new XML and TGA files into it)

The slider menu does appear but moving the actual slider does nothing.. No white bars appear, nothing counts down, nothing moves.

One time I noticed a bunch of characters in the white bar area, very jumbled could not read them. The slider still did not count.

There was a UIErrors file created but from the looks of it it was created because the slider folder only had 3 files in it (EQUI_HelpWnd and the TGA file.) so it loaded all the default files it needed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Montour
Old 09-27-2002, 12:39 AM   #13
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Exclamation Mods fixed

Yikes! When I updated the mods late last night to allow them to co-exist with the other timer, I forgot to update all the references to the old graphics file name. Sorry about that.

I've fixed them now, please download the latest versions and thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Old 09-28-2002, 03:30 AM   #14
Sullear

Question Defensive timer?

99% of the time I loose track of when my discipline will be active again. I am normally doing a hundred other things at the same time .

I like the mend timer, going to use it for my monk, but how about a 15 min one for warriors?

I currently use Verts UI (perfect for what I need), but I would use the pet widndow for the timer but have not a single clue how to code XML.

Can you do one for us warriors? Defensive, 15 min timer, Vert themed, and so on. (I prefer no close/minimize buttons but that's just me )

Old 09-28-2002, 06:57 AM   #15
Aladinsane
A Ghoul

aye

would love one that is 72 mins long for all us tree huggers who use trueshot