Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 09-29-2002, 10:18 AM   #1
Asele
A Hill Giant

Default Skinner/Artist for hire?

I came up with a great mental picture just now. Perfect UI imagery for me to use. Unfortunately my artistic abilities extend about as far as a fish can walk. Here's a brief description of what i had in mind. I have pretty detailed images in my head. On top of that I need someone to create the UI for me. Both the artist and skinner will receive full credit for their part as I will receive credit for the concept. I will pay both party members for services rendered, and the UI will be free to anyone who wants it.

The theme is along the lines of archaic, dragons, and sorcery.

*Compass - Archaic font, custom borders/needle.
*Effects - Same border and font as above in the small font next to the icon format.
*Group Window - Same font/border. %'s over all health bars.
*Hotkeys - Here comes the fun part...I'd like to combine the spell bar, 8 inventory slots, and the inventory stats all into one. Naturally, same font/etc.
*Inventory - Background images for all of the slots....i.e. a pic of a face of some sort in the face slot etc. They do not have to remain in current order. In fact I'd encourage change. Would also like to see imagery for the saves, hp, ac, atk stuff. Maybe an icon for each one. if this is/isn't possible let me know.
*Spell Book - Most important one. I play a wizzie and I'd really like to see the spellbook revamped. I want it to look like an ancient text with lots of sybolism in between spell slots. I'd like a slightly transparent dragon in the background of the book as well. Extremely custom spellbook here. Lots of work for the artist.
*Spell Gems - Also highly customized. 2nd most important to the spellbook itself.
*Player info - something that fits into the rest of the theme. Have specific lines i want/don't want in it.
*Target info- same as player info, doesn't have to be fancy, just same font/border.

I believe 100% in rewarding someone for their hard work. That is why I am offering cash. I will post pics of the project as it moves along. I would also like permission to use the LocWizard in this UI. All contributers will receive credit for their work in a credits tab/window/something. The completed product will then be freely given to anyone and everyone who would like a copy of it. I'm not doing this to make money in any way. I just want something I lack the knowledge to do myself.

If you are interested in helping me out with this conquest show me a sample of something you've already done. We can negotiate a price prior to beginning of work, and I will pay 50% up front and 50% upon completion. All parties involved will be given a means of contacting me online 24 hours a day and will probably meet online more than once to collaborate on things. At which point more specific details will be given about all the stuff and I will send a copy of the font I want to use.

Thx,
Asele

Last edited by Asele : 09-29-2002 at 10:47 AM.
Asele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:39 PM   #2
KneightSkye
A Treant

Server: Tribunal
Send a message via ICQ to KneightSkye Send a message via AIM to KneightSkye Send a message via Yahoo to KneightSkye

let me talk to my buddy and see if she is up for the graphics. if so we might be your guy/girl =D
Old 09-29-2002, 04:42 PM   #3
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Server: erollisi marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to tadashya Send a message via AIM to tadashya

would this be a zero programming effort on the part of the artist? I program slightly better than a fish can walk, but not much. (translation : if you tell me how big it needs to be and what you want it to look like I can make whatever you like - but dont ask me to open an xml editor or I will have to go into nervous twitching = ie. see my spider gems)

Original Artwork by Tadashya my current favorite sig slice

Last edited by tadashya : 09-29-2002 at 06:19 PM.
tadashya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:36 PM   #4
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

I am completely devoid of any artistic talent however I'm fully capable of applying art to the UI and am plenty good at XML (I can actually program, C++ and Delphi, and I do not believe XML is programming nor is HTML) but regardless, I can do what you need as far as XML is concerned. I just finished my personal UI which you can see a pic of in this thread:
http://eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2507

I will require that you allow me to work for free, but I am obsessed with EQ's new UI being customizable and am dedicated to getting the most out of it, so I don't think you'll have to worry about me not getting anything done.

So, to sum it up, I can do all the XML you want but will have to be provided with the artwork =/

Enokhaon Starfyre
Mage
Innoruuk Server

P.S. - Rundown of what I think is possible with the ideas you posted:
Compass - Easy (just need the artwork)
Effects - Not sure if the UI font is changeable, I'll check, other than that, easy
Group Window - Easy
Hotkeys - I don't believe you can combine the spell cast window and the hotkey window however they can be designed so that they fit together graphically and appear to be one window (the spell cast window has XML code specific to it, as do all windows)
Inventory - Piece of Cake, yes icons for each resist is possible
Spellbook - Shouldn't be too tough, graphics will be though
Spell Gems - Art isn't my thing... and that's all this would require
Player Info - Easy
Target Info - Easy

So, only possible catches:
Not sure if font is changeable
Spell Casr window and Hotkey window will probably have tor emain seperate windows, but will fit togetehr graphically
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:50 PM   #5
Averad
A Treant

I hope the final product is posted so we all can see it and maby download it
Averad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 10:39 PM   #6
Asele
A Hill Giant

Thx all for the interest.

KneightSkye - Looking forward to hearing from you and your buddy.
Tadashya - Artwork would be 99% independant of coding. Only required connection i see would be need to know required image sizes for the UI. Any other connection to XML Coder shy of collaborations we will have in order to accomplish this will be optional.
Haliken - I think it is possible. Although it may be that the below posted link is actually a very smooth way of creating the illusion you describe. Either one works great as long as there is room for me to leave the help file or another file open for the LocWiz.

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownload/preview.php?id=301

This is where my hotkey idea was spawned. Love the concept, want my own art =P

Averad - I will post screenshots of the UI as individual components are created. I won't post the actual UI until it is 100% finished. Once it is ready, I will upload it. One thing I want is to be 100% sure that the artist and coder receive credit somewhere in the UI for their work. Possible ways of doing this so that it cannot be undone will be discussed between the artist, coder, and myself. I'm trying to avoid having it all over the pics however.

**On a side note. I won't force anyone to take payment from me, but this is a lot of time and effort in the making. I will find some way to repay your efforts, even if it is not monitarily. I believe 100% in Karma and in rewarding one's efforts.

If anyone wishes to contact me in game about this feel free to do so. My char name/server are all to your left. If I'm not in game I'm probably asleep or at work. In either case it's then best to reach me here.

Asele

Last edited by Asele : 09-29-2002 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:54 PM   #7
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

whose mod is that you have ref'd? that looks like abattoirs.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:23 PM   #8
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

The screenshot you posted just shows what Iw as saying, a spell cast window and hot key window whose graphics match up seemlessly. Anyways, the help window could be used as a loc wizard and I have a few idea on how to make sure creators get credit for their work.

Enokhaon Starfyre
blah blah blah
Busy playin EQ...
Old 09-29-2002, 11:26 PM   #9
Asele
A Hill Giant

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...wfiles&catid=22

There is where i found it. Drestin is credited for that UI. I love his hotkey setup.

Asele
Old 09-29-2002, 11:33 PM   #10
Asele
A Hill Giant

Ok, it's an illusion then. excellent. Great work on that Drestin. Hal, (can i call you that?) I'm glad it can be done. Love your enthusiasm!

Anyone else interested please feel free to contact me in game. I am subscribed to this thread and have my email up on 2nd comp so I can be relatively quick in my replies. Feel free to send me a cross server tell as well.

;tell mithaniel.asele <message here>

There's the command line ot use in case you are not used to sending the cross server tells.

Asele
Old 09-29-2002, 11:36 PM   #11
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

that's vert's hotkeys with a different backround.

Well I am happy to work with other people's ideas. I found I havent the slightest idea on how to begin making a personal GUI. I dont click anything. I alt-hotkey everything and shift-alt my banks. My ideal UI would have a target bar, mana bar, an exp bar and 6 chat windows!

Old 09-29-2002, 11:45 PM   #12
Asele
A Hill Giant

/rofl

I hear you onthat one. having 4 conversations in game while trying to quad and watch my email to reply to this all at once.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:58 PM   #13
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Hehe, actually call me Enok, Haliken's my alt (although higher level). Anyways, I'm gonna see about contacting you ingame, I wanna get started on this.

To be completely honest, the XML will probably take one day (maybe 6 hours, possibly less, XML is easy and fast) to get the basic stuff done then maybe a week of fine tuning with the graphics.

The artist/artists get the time consuming work.

Enokhaon Starfyre
Mage (level 52, yay, and it's only taken 3 years)
Innoruuk Server
Guildless (oh yeah)
Farming HGs in RM for plat to buy my friend a LSoEE
Old 09-30-2002, 12:01 AM   #14
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

my email is on my website. I turned off pm's here.. was too many forms of imput to keep track of.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:11 AM   #15
Asele
A Hill Giant

Very nice work! you do that intro yourself? I liked it.