Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 10-15-2002, 10:47 AM   #1
Tipop
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Tipop's Timer Skin

This is a skin for the wonderful timer mod, which can be downloaded here.

I love this mod, but I didn't really care for the plain graphics it uses. Thus I made my own:

As you can see, I prefer a more 3D look. I also made the left-right arrows invisible until the mouse rolls over them. I feel this gives the timer a cleaner look.

Note that to use my graphics you will need to change the text color in the xml to black (the default is white.) To do this, simply change every instance of:

<R>240</R>
<G>240</G>
<B>240</B>

to:

<R>0</R>
<G>0</G>
<B>0</B>
Attached Files
File Type: zip timergraphic.zip (29.9 KB, 199 views)
Old 10-17-2002, 09:43 AM   #2
Tipop
A Snow Griffin

Well, downloaded 21 times... any comments? Criticisms? Suggestions?

I was thinking of doing a wooden skin for druids and rangers, as I'm sure everyone doesn't like the smooth plastic look.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:50 AM   #3
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Server: Saryrn

The mod is nice but as you have stated I do not like the Plastic look. I play a necro and a wizard and like the old style and look of things. Now what I mean by old style is not the EQ old style I mean the old style as in the things in the mod look like they are from the medievil days.

That said I would like to see one that is based around Death for my necro. More or less would have to be dark and ominous. Not sure how this could be done but then I am not an artist, I am a programmer.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:51 AM   #4
Tipop
A Snow Griffin

Good idea... maybe something using bones as the background for the bar. I'll tinker with the idea and see what I can come up with.

Edit - Did some tinkering...

What do you think of this?

Notice that the skulls turn to face the way you are moving the pointer.

Last edited by Tipop : 10-17-2002 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:59 PM   #5
Tipop
A Snow Griffin

Does anyone want skins like this? I was thinking of doing a whole collection, one for necro, one for druid, etc... but if nobody is interested I won't bother.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:21 PM   #6
rainlord
A Gray Wolf

Nice! I say Go for it. More skins are always great, even if people are too lazy to say so
Old 10-18-2002, 08:56 PM   #7
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Wow, that skull one is top notch! The first one didn't really grab me, I liked the 3dness, but the colors turned me off. Ever think about doing something rangerly? Arrowheads for the arrows (natch) and some green/grey/black would look cool with my current setup, if you are taking suggestions
Old 10-18-2002, 11:59 PM   #8
Kiyoraka
A Bat

Love the Necro Version !
Old 10-19-2002, 12:47 AM   #9
ReallyLongTypist
A Snow Cougar

Do a shaman and a bard one... I'd d/l it
Old 10-19-2002, 01:13 AM   #10
Nylok
A Treant

Unless I missed it somewhere, when you going to put necro one up for DL? Love it.

I vote go for it on the whole collection!!! Very nice work

Nylok
Old 10-19-2002, 02:08 AM   #11
Molz
A Snow Griffin

i really like the necro timer, but every time i try to DL a timer it messes up my skin and I get error message and defualt skin. I use vert mods so not sure what the problem is.
Old 10-19-2002, 04:27 AM   #12
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Tipop
Does anyone want skins like this? I was thinking of doing a whole collection, one for necro, one for druid, etc... but if nobody is interested I won't bother.

Keep the skins coming! I think that having a different "look" for each class is a great idea. It's nice to know that people are enjoying the timer enough to create new skins for it.

Ever since I received your first skin, I've been meaning to expand the UI Timer site to include a page that features user-submitted skins. Players will be able to go there to view and download new graphics files for their timer, once they have generated the XML file.

It looks like I finally have more free time this weekend, so I will be adding some of the timer features that I've promised in another post. Once I'm done with those, I'll set up a page for the user-submitted skins. Also, it appears that different timer skins will require different text colors, so I will update the timer XML generator to allow the user to choose the text color (that will make it easier for people to use different skins).

Quote:
Originally posted by Molz
every time i try to DL a timer it messes up my skin and I get error message and defualt skin. I use vert mods so not sure what the problem is.

Molz - what is the error message that you're getting? The timer definitely works with vert, as far as I know (I've tried it personally). See if any of the troubleshooting tips in the timer thread help.

Old 10-19-2002, 09:40 AM   #13
Tipop
A Snow Griffin

Ok, here is the necro archive.

Note that you will have to rename the actual .tga file to match the one that came with the timer mod. This file is called Feeback_Timer.tga right now because I happen to be using the Feeback window for mine. If you use the Friends window it would be called Friends_Timer.tga.

BTW, the screenshot above is on a black background. After I posted I moved it around on my screen and noticed that it looks MUCH better if you place it over the regular scenery.

Anyway, I'll work on ranger and druid versions today. After that I'll be tinkering with some ideas for a mage elemental version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip timerskin_necro.zip (17.2 KB, 57 views)
Old 10-19-2002, 11:18 AM   #14
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Woo Hoo!

Thanky, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Lunakin
Old 10-19-2002, 12:34 PM   #15
Molz
A Snow Griffin

whenever I tried adding the timers I just get unable to loadskin <folder name> and it loads the default skin. I dont have purely vert mods, I have changed a few of the windows. Something I have doesn't like the timers.