Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 08-26-2003, 04:29 PM   #1
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Problem with JournalNPCWnd.xml

Enclosed is my UI Error text... I think the one in BOLD is the problem, but I cannot find line 337, and I cannot find what is duplicated, if someone would be able to help, I enclosed the file, maybe tell me what I did wrong in adding the information, thanks.

UIErrorLog created at Tue Aug 26 14:01:24 2003
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:24 2003] Warning: file EQUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\NebelT\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:24 2003] Warning: file SIDL.xml not found in directory UIFiles\NebelT\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:24 2003] Warning: file EQUI_CharacterCreate.xml not found in directory UIFiles\NebelT\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:24 2003] Warning: file EQUI_CharacterSelect.xml not found in directory UIFiles\NebelT\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:24 2003] Warning: file EQUI_BreathWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\NebelT\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:25 2003] Warning: file EQUI_CursorAttachment.xml not found in directory UIFiles\NebelT\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:25 2003] Warning: file EQUI_BankWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\NebelT\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:26 2003] Warning: file EQUI_HelpWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\NebelT\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:26 2003] Warning: file EQUI_TextEntryWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\NebelT\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:26 2003] Warning: file EQUI_TipWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\NebelT\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:26 2003] Warning: file EQUI_SystemInfoWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\NebelT\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:26 2003] Warning: file EQUI_AdventureRequestWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\NebelT\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:26 2003] Warning: file EQUI_AdventureMerchantWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\NebelT\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:26 2003] [Line:337 Source:UIFiles\NebelT\EQUI_JournalNPCWnd.xml] Schema error - Duplicate item CJNPC_CategoryFilter
[Tue Aug 26 14:01:26 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_journalnpcwnd.zip (2.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by CVamian : 08-26-2003 at 04:36 PM.
CVamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:23 PM   #2
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

"bump" still cannot find where the duplicate is at...
Old 08-26-2003, 10:55 PM   #3
Taleisin

the error on this window is deeper than just a simple code duplication.. here is a screenshot of a debug output
Old 08-26-2003, 11:04 PM   #4
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I don't know what that means .....Does it mean that the person who made this UI, Centhena, would have to fix it themselves? I already made a post that i was having problems with this particular file, and asked if she'd be updating the files with todays patch... no answer yet... As in my other post here's the full area of that, and in bold is the problem area as in the UI-Error... But what's the problem?

line 337 --> <Combobox item = "CJNPC_CategoryFilter">
<ScreenID>CategoryFilter</ScreenID>
<DrawTemplate>WDT_Inner</DrawTemplate>
<AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch>
<LeftAnchorOffset>182</LeftAnchorOffset>
<TopAnchorOffset>26</TopAnchorOffset>
<RightAnchorOffset>86</RightAnchorOffset>
<BottomAnchorOffset>2</BottomAnchorOffset>
<TopAnchorToTop>false</TopAnchorToTop>
<BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop>
<LeftAnchorToLeft>false</LeftAnchorToLeft>
<RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft>
<ListHeight>80</ListHeight>
<TextColor>
<R>255</R>
<G>255</G>
<B>255</B>
</TextColor>
<TooltipReference>Select a category to filter the NPCs.</TooltipReference>
<Button>BDT_Combo</Button>
<Choices>NONE</Choices>
<Style_Border>true</Style_Border>
</Combobox>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried removing the file since I don't even use the Journal feature but got other errors when I did that... i.e. problem with hotbox, problem with group hp...

Last edited by CVamian : 08-26-2003 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:09 PM   #5
Taleisin

again another duplicate of the entire code lower down in the window, but this window has massive errors in the SIDL interface.. (so does the default)

Last edited by Taleisin : 08-28-2003 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:20 PM   #6
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I don't understand why it has errors in the Sidl, when I don't have a custom Sidl file... I cannot just delete the block, or not use the file?
So basically I cannot use this ui by Centhenia till she fixes this part?
Old 08-26-2003, 11:37 PM   #7
Taleisin

yes wait on her to fix her UI and wait on sony to do another update.. till then FU6.70 is 100% compatabile :-)
Old 08-27-2003, 12:11 AM   #8
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally posted by Taleisin
yes wait on her to fix her UI and wait on sony to do another update.. till then FU6.70 is 100% compatabile :-)

Cool I'll check that one out... Took out that Journal File and seems to be working ok... Oh man my brain is going to melt been at this since 3pm pst today...and it's now 10pm pst
Old 08-27-2003, 12:20 AM   #9
Taleisin

you should try testing it on a linux box :-)

/test -newUI

;Initial test 100x

;second test 100x

;starting runlevel EQwinex

*Your RedHat Machine has suffered a serious error and must shutdown, we are sorry for any inconvenience*

damn I thought that only happened in windows. :-(

I am redownloading the entire default, most of the default files weren't loading right, perhaps I just got a bad patch.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:52 AM   #10
Taleisin

here is the mod you wanted.

the sun rises, I must to bed, for I burn to easily.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:14 AM   #11
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
from frontpage news
* Removed *
EQUI_JournalTextWnd.xml

remove this file from you custom UI and you will stop getting this error, they combined two windows together.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 04:00 AM   #12
Dyria
A Gray Wolf

Server: Solusek Ro

Removing that file does nothing really since the patcher "kindly" replaces it again - I tried that in the vain hope that it might correct the stupid error I am getting...alas it didn't achieve anything *gets the axe out*
Dyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 04:03 AM   #13
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
remove this file from you custom UI and you will stop getting this error, they combined two windows together.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 04:04 AM   #14
Dangrim
A Fire Beetle

I am going to have to say like I said in the other thread, I think you missed to update the SIDL.xml file because it was not where the other .xml files are in the list. I got a similar problem (tried loading default and failed) and updating the SIDL fixed it.
Dangrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 04:50 AM   #15
Dyria
A Gray Wolf

Server: Solusek Ro

*snicker* Ok...so I should stop posting first thing in the morning without my contact lenses in and before a strong coffee Sorry hun *hugs Kudane*

...and thanks again Dangrim for saving my day
Dyria is offline   Reply With Quote