Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 02-14-2007, 11:00 PM   #166
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Server: The Seventh Hammer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareeuh
Question...I can't recall if it was covered before, but I have hotbar 1 used with the ccake, is it possible to have the subsequent hotbars to be horizontal? I like only the 1 one way but I want the rest to lay down. If not possible just say no and I'll move on =)

I'm sure someone can do it but that is beyond my skills at the moment. I will work on it though and see what I can come up with for you.

Brighid741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:58 PM   #167
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jova13
The ring is called 'Ring Rituals'. I can see the graphic in my magelo, first time I ever seen it actually.

It's in the dragitem34.tga - I have added that to the zip file and I confirmed that it is included in the anim_dragitems.xml file.

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5152

The new zip file also has the fix for the hotbar inventory.

Last edited by Brighid741 : 02-15-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:51 AM   #168
jova13
A Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighid741
jova13 - ok that is very odd, being able to use it once then not again - very strange. There is no difference in the merchant window pre TBS and post TBS - I compared the default to the Tablets one. Are these the Points Merchants? It could be the EQUI_NewPointMerchantWnd if they are, but I'm not seeing anything funky with that window either If you would please try the attached merchant windows and let me know if they fix it or not. (I always make a copy of my current working UI folder before I put new stuff in just so it's easy to revert back to it if necessary)

Ok, I tried that merchant file also. It still won't work for me. I'm completely stumped. Any other ideas? (hopeful look)
jova13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:57 AM   #169
jova13
A Treant

Quote:
It's in the dragitem34.tga - I have added that to the zip file and I confirmed that it is included in the anim_dragitems.xml file.

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5152

The new zip file also has the fix for the hotbar inventory.

I will try this as soon as possible. When I clicked the link it said I was not authorized to view the file. So I tried to get to it by clicking on 'more interfaces by Brighid741' and it showed a TBS file that said pending, and was not clickable for download yet. I'm gonna try again in the morning.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:17 AM   #170
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Quote:
Ok, I tried that merchant file also. It still won't work for me. I'm completely stumped. Any other ideas? (hopeful look)

Are there any errors in your UIErrors.txt file?
Old 02-15-2007, 02:18 AM   #171
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulluane
Brighid you are wonderful!

It is all working except the regular buff bar only shows 21 slots it has the right .tga file and the EQUI_BuffWindow.xml but it sill only shows 21. I will try to look at it more this weekend and see if I can find the problem but for now this should hold you over.

I loaded it as a patch to:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=2401
you should be able to download it as soon as it's approved.

You *may* have to copy the gdb_logo_ files from default over to the custom folder - I had to do that to clear the few remaining errors on the Purple Marble.

Last edited by Brighid741 : 02-15-2007 at 02:24 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:21 AM   #172
mulluane
A Snow Cougar

Server: drinal

I thank you from the bottom of my heart. UI loaded up with no errors which is WAY more then I had managed to do but......

(You knew there had to be a but right? /grin)

I can't chat. None of my 6 chat windows has an input box whereas they all used to. And I can't seem to move them either (but this isn't a big deal, they are where I want them to be.) This is one I don't know how to fix and I did look to see if I could figure it out yesterday as this was one of the original problems I had happen before I begged for help.

I also can't seem to find my cast timer window and it should be where I put it, I'm using the same layout I always have and as close as I can tell, everything else is there. And one more thing. Know how somebody wanted their hotbuttons to be horizontal while the clickie hotbotton button combo stayed vertical? Well they need to download this one because that is exactly how they are Unfortunately my UI is arranged for vertical hotbottons. (However I only use an extra hotbotton window on one of my toons so this fix isn't vital, I can live without it or rearrange things if this can't be fixed.)

I've loaded up other UIs, namely Di28889's infinity blue and the chat windows work, caster bar is right where its supposed to be and hotbottons are vertical so I don't think the problem is a corrupted download as I had thought previously, seeing as how you redid all that.

All of the listed problems are ones I had before your wonderful zip. The zip did fix every one of the loadup errors and I now have all the new bells and whistles and I thank you

I know you are likely very busy fixing other stuff and I'm sincere in my appreciation for all the work you are doing. If you would, the chat window problem is the vital one. Rest of the issues I can deal with until such a time as you can get around to them. Oh and if you would, (but I can live without it by fading out the numbers), I'd love a right aligned buff bar. Over sized group window I can replace myself out of mods without any errors and I can get back my original options bar (instead of the tribute timer) by replacing the selector window file with Taylns original one but I'm afraid to try that with buffs.

Thank you for putting this zip together for me. I think I speak for us all when I say we are grateful for the work you are doing for those of us who love this UI.
mulluane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #173
jova13
A Treant

Quote:
Are there any errors in your UIErrors.txt file?

No, there are not. Which makes no sense since when I log in now (didn't used to do this), I get the red message saying UI is not compatable. I logged in and out to see if maybe it would update something in the UIErrors.txt, and still nothing there other than the created date and time line. Are there any other error logs I can look at that might be of use for this?
Old 02-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #174
jova13
A Treant

Quote:
I can't chat. None of my 6 chat windows has an input box whereas they all used to. And I can't seem to move them either (but this isn't a big deal, they are where I want them to be.) This is one I don't know how to fix and I did look to see if I could figure it out yesterday as this was one of the original problems I had happen before I begged for help.

This happened to me one time, but it just turned out that it was the chat bar (under mods) that had the no input box. I think I was updating my UI at the time, and I must have accidentally added that type of chat box. It was actually kind of funny, I freaked out cuz I had no input box. But you might want to try looking at that first, or going under mods and changing it to another chat box just to see if it does anything different.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:03 PM   #175
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Quote:

Try the attached file and see if that gives the input boxes back, it should, but let me know. All I did was download all the Tablets Future Blue and patches and just run through applying what needed to be fixed and fixing the extra stuff that popped up. So whichever one I downloaded must have had the modified chat windows.

Quote:
I also can't seem to find my cast timer window and it should be where I put it, I'm using the same layout I always have and as close as I can tell, everything else is there.

Is it hidden behind another window? Try moving stuff around and see if you can find it.

Quote:
And one more thing. Know how somebody wanted their hotbuttons to be horizontal while the clickie hotbotton button combo stayed vertical? Well they need to download this one because that is exactly how they are

Good to know, I only had one up on the toon I tested the UI on so I didn't even notice it. I will copy that to the other patch file as a mod. Thank you.

Just a note to all of you guys this is only my second time messing with XML, the first time being the TSS release and this same UI. So I'm trying my best to do all the mods and stuff but sometimes it just takes me some time to figure it out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip chat.zip (677 Bytes, 5 views)
Old 02-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #176
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Quote:
No, there are not. Which makes no sense since when I log in now (didn't used to do this), I get the red message saying UI is not compatable. I logged in and out to see if maybe it would update something in the UIErrors.txt, and still nothing there other than the created date and time line. Are there any other error logs I can look at that might be of use for this?

UIErrors.txt is the only one, but you have to look at it while the game is still running and copy it to your desktop or somewhere else. When you close the game it purges the file.

Did that .tga file fix your ring not showing?
Old 02-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #177
jova13
A Treant

Quote:
UIErrors.txt is the only one, but you have to look at it while the game is still running and copy it to your desktop or somewhere else. When you close the game it purges the file.

Did that .tga file fix your ring not showing?

Ok, I did not know that! No wonder why I didn't have any! Ok, I have the game running now, and I just went and checked and omg, there is a boatload of errors. Course I know what none of it means. Would you like me to send you an email with the file or post it here or how would you like it? ahahah

Yes, that last patch fixed my ring graphic! OMG! Thank you SO much! That was so annoying to never be able to see it!

I also had the hot button issue like everyone else, I just never bugged you about it because you were already working on it. This issue has been resolved for me also. Only one question. How do I get my buttons back to blue WITH the fix? After I did the patch it made my hot buttons half purple half blue, which is pretty interesting in itself, but I think I like all blue best. ahaha

Also, about your comment of only second time working on xml files. You are doing an amazing job as far as I am concerned. And your fast as h*ll which makes it even more amazing to me. I know everyone using this UI appreciates every second you put in to working on this for them.

If I wasn't so dumb I would have loved to learn how to do UI's, but I have tried and I just can't sit down and figure it out, it's all another language to me (no pun intended). ahaha
Old 02-15-2007, 01:00 PM   #178
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

Jova13 -

while there are a lot of 'errors' in a UIErrors file, there are only a few that we need. do this:

open up the UIErrors file you saved.
delete any line that starts with "[timestamp] WARNING!" - these are absolutely normal and if you checked the UIErrors file of a ui that was working perfectly you'd have at least a couple dozen of those. the WARNING lines simply say (in different language) "Hey! this custom UI folder doesn't have file XXX, so i'm going to go grab it from default." (which, btw, is exactly what it's supposed to do - that's why we aren't supposed to make a copy of the default folder and add our customizations to it anymore.)
All other lines left in the file we need to see - some of them start with ERROR!, but some of them don't. most of the ones that don't will have the word NEVER in all caps somewhere in the line.
if the remaining lines are less than 3 dozen lines or so, just copy/paste them into a reply on this thread.
if there are more lines than that, upload the file or a zip of the file so people can see it if they want too, but it doesn't add a thousand line post to the thread.
Most of the time, there are less than a dozen actual errors in a UIErrors file that gets posted or uploaded. A lot of people just don't realize how many of those 'errors' in the file are just 'hey, i'm doing what i'm supposed to'.
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #179
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

The colors on the buttons are from the .tga files - can you send me a screenshot - that will tell me which file you need to replace and I can pull it and give it to you.

If you want to email your UIErrors.txt to me it's **removed** but I won't be able to look at it until after work tonight.

Which blue are you using - Future or Marble?

Last edited by Brighid741 : 02-16-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #180
jova13
A Treant

Kud!

Thanks for the info. I didn't see any lines in mine that started with the timestamp you mentioned. But luckily, after reading what you said, maybe I don't have as many errors as I thought, but from what it looks like to me (obviously not a UI person), these errors are related to this new patch. Hopefully it's something simple that I just didn't know enough about to explain to Brighid or you. Here is the whole errors file.

UIErrorLog created at Thu Feb 15 12:02:44 2007
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:08 2007] Error: Could not find child ButtonExport in window MailWindow
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:14 2007] Error: Could not find child OGP_TradeskillCtrlClickCheckbox in window OptionsWindow
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:19 2007] Error: Could not find child LW_LootSlot31 in window LootWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:21 2007] ScreenPiece NewPointMerchantWnd referenced but not found in XML.
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] ScreenPiece TargetOfTargetWindow referenced but not found in XML.
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child ShowAllPossibleBannersButton in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child TimeRemainingValueLabel in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child BannerPage in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child BannerKitList in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child CancelEditBanner in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child SaveBannerSettings in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child Layer1TextureNext in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child Layer2TextureNext in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child Layer1TexturePrev in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child Layer2TexturePrev in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child Layer1ColorBtn in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child Layer2ColorBtn in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child BannerFilter in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child RefreshBannerListButton in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child PlantBannerButton in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child RemoveBannerButton in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child EditBannerButton in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] Error: Could not find child BannerDescription in window GuildManagementWnd
[Thu Feb 15 12:03:25 2007] ScreenPiece FellowshipWnd referenced but not found in XML.

Hopefully you guys can make something out of this! Thanks so much for looking at this!