Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 02-07-2003, 01:31 PM   #241
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

/nod, that's what I thought the problem was. It'll behave much better in version 2, but in the mean time:

Okay first, you don't need to change anything in the animations file. Instead, what you need to do is to modify the hotbutton file.

Open EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml using your text editor. Do a Search or Find function to find:

<SpellGemDrawTemplate>
<Holder>TK_SpellGemHolder</Holder>
<Background>A_SquareBtnNormal</Background>
<Highlight>TK_SpellGemHighlight</Highlight>
</SpellGemDrawTemplate>
</SpellGem>

You need to change it so that it is this instead:

<SpellGemDrawTemplate>
<Holder>A_SpellGemHolder</Holder>
<Background>A_SquareBtnNormal</Background>
<Highlight>A_SpellGemHighlight</Highlight>
</SpellGemDrawTemplate>

You will need to do that 10 times, one for each slot that you could be putting a spellgem hotkey.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Old 02-07-2003, 01:32 PM   #242
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

/viewport line for 800x600 is:

/viewport 55 40 660 360

(Sorry, had to go digging to find where I had it written down, tooooo many mods *grin*)
Old 02-07-2003, 01:35 PM   #243
Xaraz
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via ICQ to Xaraz

Thanks, that worked. Had just found it in ini as well.
Notice it's time to set transparancy to false (And yea I know how to)
Old 02-07-2003, 02:27 PM   #244
PingGuy
A Fire Beetle

Server: E'ci
Send a message via ICQ to PingGuy

Just a quick question.. if I use Cairenn's UI will I get ranger cooties? I'm seriously worried about that because I heard they are going around and I don't want to have to get a shot!

Nice work on the UI rangerette, if I wasn't running in an odd resolution due to my video card I would try it out. I love the site you have going here though, keep up the good work.

Old 02-07-2003, 02:27 PM   #245
dethnyte
An Icepaw Kobold

Hey Cairren, I wanted to show you what my group window looked like. It's not a pressing issue or anything, but if it's easily fixed could you let me know how to do it?

Also, the little ball gauge for my pet in the pet window seems to be screwed up. I have your newest version and all the updates and I'm using 1280 x 1024.

Any ideas?

http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx?pa...ullsize/EQ1.GIF
http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx?pa...ullsize/EQ2.GIF

Warning, this site is really slow for some reason.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:42 PM   #246
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Quote:
Originally posted by PingGuy
Just a quick question.. if I use Cairenn's UI will I get ranger cooties? I'm seriously worried about that because I heard they are going around and I don't want to have to get a shot!

Nice work on the UI rangerette, if I wasn't running in an odd resolution due to my video card I would try it out. I love the site you have going here though, keep up the good work.

!

/bite

Hey hey Ping! How goes sweets? What reso you running?

Quote:
Originally posted by dethnyte
Hey Cairren, I wanted to show you what my group window looked like. It's not a pressing issue or anything, but if it's easily fixed could you let me know how to do it?

Also, the little ball gauge for my pet in the pet window seems to be screwed up. I have your newest version and all the updates and I'm using 1280 x 1024.

Any ideas?

I see what you mean about the group names now, I'll tweak it a bit, look for an improvement in Version 2 (will be out shortly).

That pet sphere gauge is rather messed up, isn't it? I'll try to figure out what the problem is with it.

(You see Cairenn running off calling "Ohhhhh Rrrrreeeeemmmmmmyyyyyy?!" since those sphere gauges are his to begin with)
Old 02-07-2003, 02:49 PM   #247
PingGuy
A Fire Beetle

Server: E'ci
Send a message via ICQ to PingGuy

Well I was originally running 800x600 but it's just so darned small. Since I have an old Geforce2 card I can't really run 1024x768 because it's dog slow. My compromise was to run in 960x???, I forget the exact res but it's something like that.

I didn't even try using a custom UI until last night and I found the lastest update of Ssoth's UI to work pretty well. It's actually not updated by Ssoth anymore but there's a person on shadowknight.org that keeps it going. Since I'm an SK it just made sense.

I'm tempted to just start poking around here and learning so I can piece one together myself. I like most of what I have now but I have yet to see a spell bar that I liked in any of the UI's I have viewed.

It seems like you do a lot of work around here, you still get time to actully play the game right?
Old 02-07-2003, 05:05 PM   #248
gilantril
A Bat

Default tiny issue

First of all, thank you. I really like this UI and use it now on both my accounts for my mains...Druid and Warrior.

Second, I want to apologize beforehand if someone has pointed this out to you and it has been corrected prior (25 pages of posts are a lot for me to sift through hehe). Since I only downloaded it last night I will assume that it is still an issue.

Issue: My druid uses the Pet Bar with the 6 healing gems designed to enable fast targetting and has 1024x768 for the resolution. The second healing/targeting gem (ie F2) does not point to the second group member but rather to the MANA BAR. Can you tell me how to correct this please?

Again thank you and Well Done!
Old 02-07-2003, 07:23 PM   #249
Cijam
A Snow Griffin

Server: The Tribunal

Wow Cairenn You are GREAT!

I did a Find and replace on those lines that needed replacing and POOF it works! Thank you for taking the time to show me how to fix it myself -- That is how I learn.. So the reason for my erro was because the names associated with putttin a spell icon on a hotbutton were different. Now it makes sense..

I am learning slowly but surely. Thank you ever so much.

(I too have the same problem with the names and the pet bubble... I just figured I had donesomething to cause that.. glad to know it wasnt anything I did)
Old 02-07-2003, 07:54 PM   #250
Phweak
A Bat

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via AIM to Phweak Send a message via Yahoo to Phweak
Default Spell Icons

Heya Cairenn, you have to be one of the nicest people I know (Just an FYI ) but anway. In your screen shot you have the newer spell icons, the cooler looking ones, but in my UI I have the ugly original ones. Is there an option I missed somewhere? or do I download them seperatly. Sorry if someone has asked this before, but there were 26 pages to look at ).

EDIT: I just went back to the first post and saw in BRIGHT red letters that spell icons were not included. sorry
Old 02-08-2003, 02:45 AM   #251
dethnyte
An Icepaw Kobold

Well Ciarren, the way I look at it, I'd rather see you put out version 2 then worry about my problems. I'm sure they'll be resolved in that version anyway Though, a group window without the ball gauges would be nice. I like the ones on the Pet window, but just too much going on for me in the group one.

Anyway, that's my little request if you have the time.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:52 AM   #252
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Ping - You *might* just be able to run mine in 1024x768, because of the viewport. /shrug, worth a try if you want. And yeah, I still play. The guild might get rather up in arms if I didn't, they are funny that way some times.

gilantril - I know, I discovered that too. Fix will be implimented in Version 2.

Nasus - Glad I was able to explain it well enough that you were able to make the changes.

Phweak -

dethnyte - Thanks for understanding. I'll see what I can do, whenver I manage to get some *cough* free time *cough*.
Old 02-08-2003, 04:09 AM   #253
Dabbil
A Fire Beetle

Server: Lanys
Send a message via ICQ to Dabbil

i love the UI but i cant seem to get the bow animation to work right it goes like half way then stops then 10 secs later it repeats any help would be great thanks
Old 02-08-2003, 09:30 AM   #254
CaladairVaz
A Ghoul

any time frame when version 2 will come out? =) I decided to just use default till it came out and just waiting=P
Old 02-08-2003, 12:34 PM   #255
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Dabbil - If you installed it "as is", the bow should be working just fine.

CaladairVaz - By next weekend at the latest, I hope