Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 10-26-2002, 04:42 PM   #16
Lasagna
A Snow Cougar

Love the mod! But, I dont like the mouse (prefer the plain gray one). What files would i remove to change this? Also, if I import a different inventory or other window will the background textures and borders be like the rest of your windows or will they be put in as-is? Thanks
Old 10-27-2002, 04:05 PM   #17
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: E'Ci
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
there are no FOLLOW/INVITE buttons for grouping

Correct. You can activate those commands with key strokes, so I didn't want them cluttering the screen. There are also no buttons for pet commands or for sit/stand or camp. Any button that can be activated with a key press or a /command has been removed.

Quote:
Just grouped with a necro friend...and I noticed there is no support for seeing other group members pets. Any plans to implement this in the future?

Hm, it should be in there as a green line at the bottom of their health bar. That's one of the harder features to test myself, since I have to find someone with a pet and group with them.

I'll try to see what happened to that.

Quote:
But, I dont like the mouse (prefer the plain gray one). What files would i remove to change this?

You would need to edit the EQUI_Animations.xml file and replace my definition of A_DefaultCursor with the one from the default UI directory. I didn't color it gold in my window_pieces01.tga, so it should be the familiar one.

There are two other cursors in the tga file along with the curvy one. One is a leaf and the other is a fern frond. If you change the size and location tags for the cursor, you can try those out instead.

Leaf is 23x22 at 0,188. Fern is 23x23 at 0,233.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:02 AM   #18
Layper
A Bat

I'm very new to using a mod, in fact this is the first one I"ve downloaded. I'm very impressed

Question: I have PoP and use the Raid Window Feature quite often and noticed that one didn't come with the download. I may of course not be doing something right so if you could steer me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you
Old 10-28-2002, 12:57 AM   #19
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Any file that does not appear in your custom skin will use the default. I left out the Options window because Verant keeps adding new options. I left out the Raid window because it is too new and I suspect it will see some changes in the near future. Both windows should appear normally with this UI.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:15 PM   #20
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Default Raid Window

Oops, when I redid the zip files, I grabbed an old version of the EQUI.xml file that was missing the lines for the raid window. I just uploaded a version 2.11 that fixes that bug. If you are having trouble seeing the raid window, either download that version or add these lines to your EQUI.xml file:

<Include>EQUI_RaidWindow.xml</Include>
<Include>EQUI_RaidOptionsWindow.xml</Include>

Also, many people have asked me where the Invite and Disband buttons are. The answer is, they aren't anywhere. I use the key bindings to access those commands. I tried to put them on another page in the main window, but the UI won't do that properly. By popular demand, I'll probably include them in the next version, but this one isn't getting them.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:07 PM   #21
casperinmd
A Gray Wolf

Well for invite/disband..I just didnt' know the "follow" command, it is invite. Or just use CTRL + I to invite or follow an invite. I am happy without now

Any word on pet hp testing? What server are you on..I can create a character to help you tes if you'd like. Fennin Ro for me.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:01 PM   #22
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Pet health bars are there. They are not very visible, since they cut across the bottoms of the bubbles in the bar, but they can be seen as a thin line of green dashes. I will make them wider in the next version.

The same key command for Invite also works for Follow. I believe it is Ctrl-i by default.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:33 AM   #23
Myrrialle
A Fire Beetle

Default Am I missing something?

I love the screenshots I've seen of your UI and am most anxious to start using it, however I cannot find the UI_Basic_00.ini file in the zip you have supplied.
Also attempting to load this using the /loadskin results in the old UI being loaded.
So, I'm missing something somewhere.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:48 PM   #24
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Default UI_Basic_00.ini

Ugh ... I guess that got left out when I redid the zip to meet the file size limit here. I will see if there is a way to update my UI zip file without creating a whole new version. In the meantime, here it is as an attachment. It has to be changed to a .txt file for me to attach it here, but don't worry, that won't mess it up. Just rename it your character name and server number, change the .txt to .ini, and put it in your EverQuest directory.

For /loadskin to work properly, you have to give it the name of the mod. If you have unzipped the UI to a directory called "xym" in your uifiles directory (for example "C:\Program Files\EverQuest\uifiles\xym") then you can load it with "/loadskin xym", which will place all the windows in default ugly positions. If you use "/loadskin xym 1" instead, it will load the UI without changing your window positions.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ui_basic_00.txt (15.4 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Xymarra : 10-29-2002 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:57 PM   #25
KingGeo
A Wooly Rhino

Don't see the .INI attachment

I kinda need it myself, thankies
Old 10-29-2002, 02:14 PM   #26
Lasagna
A Snow Cougar

Its not included in the full download in the uis section -- Just download the first part of it in Xym's post and it is in there. I had the same problem myself.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:26 PM   #27
KingGeo
A Wooly Rhino

Seems the bandwidth limit is reached on her site. Was like that last night when I tried too; hehe

could you just copy and paste your copy here for me?

Thanx
Old 10-29-2002, 11:23 PM   #28
LaguneEci
A Gray Wolf

Umm, Xym, where can I find those Gauge (Curly/Curve) bar?
Old 10-30-2002, 02:58 AM   #29
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

The gauge art is in Gauges.tga and the xml is in Gauges.xml. Both should be in the download package.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:25 AM   #30
KingGeo
A Wooly Rhino

wahhh, still can't get ahold of the .INI

help help