Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 04-11-2003, 01:12 PM   #16
westfall
A Treant

I'll be happy to reply as soon as I get home and use it tonight. I'll either post late tonight or tomorrow morning. Looking very forward to using it
Old 04-11-2003, 01:17 PM   #17
rlinebarger
A Ghoul

Server: the Rathe
Send a message via AIM to rlinebarger Send a message via Yahoo to rlinebarger

Everything looks great. However was wondering if the red flashing box that comes on when you hit 'attack' is supposed to go over there where the timer is. It just seems a bit out of place the way the shape and size of the box is according to where its located
I do really love the ability to change the colors of the pieces and have them look very vivid.
Great work
Old 04-11-2003, 01:20 PM   #18
Saldarus
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by rlinebarger
Everything looks great. However was wondering if the red flashing box that comes on when you hit 'attack' is supposed to go over there where the timer is. It just seems a bit out of place the way the shape and size of the box is according to where its located
I do really love the ability to change the colors of the pieces and have them look very vivid.
Great work

Yes its supposed to be there for now, we were either going to figure out cool way to show it or disable it, excuse the misplacement for now while we work that out.

Saldarus
Old 04-11-2003, 01:27 PM   #19
Saldarus
A Snow Griffin

The current window background makes things a bit hard to see at times such as text. Ive created some blue to black gradient textures that everyone can try out and tell us which one you like best. They look kind of dark as just files but in game they do have patterns and look pretty cool. Go through them and let us know which you like best. Im uploading the file to my webspace so you guys can go ahead and start downloading it.

To install it, unzip the file where ever you like, choose the background you want to try and copy it to your custom UI folder and let it overwrite the old one. Some look as if they have no pattern but youll see the pattern in game. Let us know which you like best.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/y/e/yeak238...Backgrounds.zip

Saldarus
Old 04-11-2003, 02:08 PM   #20
fizboz16
A Treant

Server: povar
Send a message via AIM to fizboz16 Send a message via Yahoo to fizboz16

very nice just tested it had to change some of the text colors but thats no problem just one thing its kind of hard to see text unless i use chatfontzie 5 was wondering if you are doing a higher resolution ui sometime or making it bigger
Old 04-11-2003, 02:11 PM   #21
Saldarus
A Snow Griffin

Quote:
Originally posted by fizboz16
very nice just tested it had to change some of the text colors but thats no problem just one thing its kind of hard to see text unless i use chatfontzie 5 was wondering if you are doing a higher resolution ui sometime or making it bigger

What area are you having trouble seeing, the chat box? I use chatfontsize 3 and can read them very easily. As far as having to change the colors, I posted new textures that should be easier to read text on try them out and see if they help.

Saldarus
Old 04-11-2003, 02:19 PM   #22
ZimaEQ
A Ghoul

I just loaded this UI and love it. I too found the font difficult to read, but will try the other colors (I selected fontsize = 1)

I have gotten use to the 1600x1200 resolution so that the UI was not so obtrusive on the screen. When this skin comes out in 1600x1200, I will be using it on all my characters.

Excellent Job...
Old 04-11-2003, 02:21 PM   #23
kasca
A Lost Soul

Server: the rathe
Send a message via ICQ to kasca
Talking

this is really kool. Only thing i dont seem to like it the pet buttons.
I thing pet attack should be on the bottom but that just me. Wonderful look!!
Old 04-11-2003, 02:22 PM   #24
Saldarus
A Snow Griffin

Quote:
Originally posted by ZimaEQ
I just loaded this UI and love it. I too found the font difficult to read, but will try the other colors (I selected fontsize = 1)

I have gotten use to the 1600x1200 resolution so that the UI was not so obtrusive on the screen. When this skin comes out in 1600x1200, I will be using it on all my characters.

Excellent Job...

Doh another font problem, fontsize 1 is very small, I use fontsize 3 for chat window and have no problem even with heavy spam reading it, of course if your using the texture that came with the UI as the chat background yes it is hard to read on top of, try some of the additional backgrounds ive posted and see if they help and let us know which you like best.

Saldarus
Old 04-11-2003, 02:23 PM   #25
Saldarus
A Snow Griffin

Quote:
Originally posted by kasca
this is really kool. Only thing i dont seem to like it the pet buttons.
I thing pet attack should be on the bottom but that just me. Wonderful look!!

Pet attack on the bottom? Hmm well I dont play a pet class so the order was pretty much random to what I thought was used, if people request that attack be put on bottom we can put it on bottom

Saldarus
Old 04-11-2003, 02:33 PM   #26
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Server: Saryrn

The order of the buttons on the Pet window are easy enough to change. If someone who plays a Pet class wants to come up with a good order for the buttons we will more than happy to change the current set. Like Saldarus stated we just put them in the order that seemed good. But that is always negotiable.
Old 04-11-2003, 02:44 PM   #27
fizboz16
A Treant

what is the best background color and resulution to use to read everything easy? there is alot of them there wanted to know what one you use to read it easy
Old 04-11-2003, 02:44 PM   #28
Saldarus
A Snow Griffin

Thank you all for your quick feedback. The more feedback we get the faster we can make adjustments to suite everyone. Our goal was to design a UI that didnt just have a flat look to it, that would look unique and be general enough to not be called a class specific UI. This is beta and there is alot to do based on your feedback, there are still many cool features that we havent installed yet but are working hard to get them done. So get us as much feedback as you can and we will hurry to meet everyones needs and get this into released so we can work on new modifications and resolutions so everyone can get the experiance.

Saldarus
Old 04-11-2003, 02:46 PM   #29
Saldarus
A Snow Griffin

Quote:
Originally posted by fizboz16
what is the best background color and resulution to use to read everything easy? there is alot of them there wanted to know what one you use to read it easy

The UI itself was designed in 1024 768 resolutions you should have your eq display set to that to use it properly, as far as the backgrounds there are 13 of them all are the same gradient just with different patters so try them out and see which you like best, all of them should be easy to read on top of but some will of course look better than others to a persons eye.

Saldarus
Old 04-11-2003, 02:49 PM   #30
fizboz16
A Treant

ok i can read the text now hehe

eventually will there be a ui for a higher resolution?