Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 09-15-2002, 12:48 AM   #16
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Server: ayonae ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Yelara Send a message via AIM to Yelara Send a message via Yahoo to Yelara
Default Re: N0rt0n sUx0rs

Quote:
Originally posted by Garryck
Gotta say it...

If Norton has written a program worth a penny since Speeddisk for DOS 5.0 then Clinton never lied.

Or inhaled :P
Old 09-15-2002, 02:45 AM   #17
kabbus
A Snow Cougar

Well I don't agree about Norton AV. I like it better than the other virus scanners.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:30 AM   #18
bleedingedge40
A Gray Wolf

I must be a idiot, but I cannot get the skin to work. I've downloaded the skin and the 1.1 config update and installed both. I ran the install utility to create UI ini files for 3 characters on 2 different servers and verified that the name/server match the character's ini file. I checked the UI ini file and it has the UISkin set to haven. I checked that the skin is actually in uifiles\haven and it is. I run everquest, load one of the characters and get the generic UI. I hit F10 to switch UI and I get the default skin, then no skin, then back to the generic skin.

I try /loadskin haven and /loadskin haven 1 in the game and nothing happens. (for that matter /loadskin fjfjfjfjfjfj doesn't do anything either)

What am I doing wrong?

I'm running XP, and the version of the game is the freebie downloaded from www.everquest.com.

I've only played a couple of times so I know just enough to be dangerous, so I'm sure I'm screwing something up, I just need to figure out what it is.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:10 AM   #19
andarien
A Bat

I get that installation problem too, and the reason is quite easy:

I do not have those registry-entries ..... Why? because when I reinstall my system, I just copy the old eq-folder to a backup and replace it from there, so that I do not have to use the CDs and repatch everything! Saves quite a bit of hassle and time!! EQ does not need the registry-entries.

My suggestion would be that if you do not find the registry-keys, open a input-box, requesting the position of the EQ-Folder to be input manually and then save it in your ini.

Andarien
Old 09-15-2002, 08:01 AM   #20
Garryck
A Shissar Disciple

I'm with you on that and thought of that last night, too. I don't have time to code a new installer today but I'll do one tomorrow. Until I get the new installer released please follow the alternate directions I gave about 5 posts about 8 posts above this one.
Old 09-15-2002, 08:25 AM   #21
blackhorse
A Ghoul

Server: 7th Hammer
Default COOL!

Nice work, looks like the crystal one i used to have before.

Yoda
Old 09-15-2002, 11:57 AM   #22
bleedingedge40
A Gray Wolf

I tried doing the manual install you outlined in earlier, and it didn't work either. (looking at it I didn't expect it to as everythign appears to be correct, on the surface anyway)

All the files appear to be in the right place and the UI ini file looks like it's correct, but the skins don't load. I checked the registry and it's got the correct path, "C:\Program Files\EverQuest". The uifiles directory is "uifiles" (all lower case) and I'm running IE 6 (6.0.2800 to be exact) with Windows XP & XP SP1.

I tried using someone else's skin (Albattior) and following the manual instructions he included with his skin, and it doesn't work either. Does the freebie download lock out this feature? (I would guess not since it supports the canned skin) Does your installer do anything other than create the UI_<character>_<server> ini file? Are there reg entries or eqclient.ini entries that should be there?
Old 09-15-2002, 12:27 PM   #23
Garryck
A Shissar Disciple

I'm not sure about the free version's status. The only thing I know for sure that affects the new UI is whether or not your video card supports anti-aliasing.
Old 09-15-2002, 12:39 PM   #24
Garryck
A Shissar Disciple

Default v1.1 Upgrade

So I lied about not having the time

I just released v1.1 of Haven UI that includes a new installer.

Enjoy!
Old 09-15-2002, 12:46 PM   #25
bleedingedge40
A Gray Wolf

I've got an ASUS GeoForce 3, so AA is not the problem.
Old 09-15-2002, 01:17 PM   #26
Fidlo
A Fire Beetle

Yeah there are some people like me who have moved their EQ files around to different drives on their computer and the registry points to the wrong loc.
Old 09-15-2002, 01:28 PM   #27
Garryck
A Shissar Disciple

The v1.1 installer has you browse to your current EQ directory and then uses that location from then on.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:22 PM   #28
bleedingedge40
A Gray Wolf

Found my problem, [NewUI] was set to FALSE in EqClient.ini. I figured this out as I was reading the extended documentation looking for anything that might have been causing the problem.

You might want to add a comment in the readme telling users to check their eqclient.ini file and make sure that NewUI is set to true. This may benefit other EQ neophites like myself who don't know the ins and outs of the game that well. If I had known this I would have been up until 7am this morning playing instead of trying to make the skin load.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:35 PM   #29
pallydelving
A Gray Wolf

Hiya.

Downloaded the file and extracted as to h:\uifiles\Haven

Run it and get the direction to locate Everquest files, do so and get error message:

This installer cannot locate your Everquest Files. Please run it again and verify the Everquest directory you select.

The problem seems to be the fact that I use an entire partition for EQ. As such, there is no Everquest directory.

Am I right/wrong? A fix?

Thanks in advnace
Old 09-15-2002, 02:45 PM   #30
Garryck
A Shissar Disciple

ROFL! I knew this was going to pop up sooner or later, but I really had no choice. If I allowed root drives to be selected and written into the installer you wouldn't believe how many peeps would do it unintentionally. lol

That's why I included the Haven folder itself in the zip.

You can drag-n-drop that folder to your eq\uifiles directory and then you should be able to run the config utility from your start menu. If you don't have a Haven UI folder on your Start Menu or the icon bombs out you can right-click the "hconfig.vbe" file in your uifiles\haven\data folder and Send to\Desktop (create shortcut).

That oughta get you running.

<edit> If you can't run the config tool after trying these things let me know and I'll send you a personal patcher

Last edited by Garryck : 09-15-2002 at 02:51 PM.