Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 10-19-2002, 01:18 PM   #16
Tipop
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Make sure you're getting the COMPLETE .xml file. I've had a few friends complain of the same problem and it turned out their .xml was cut off part-way through. I don't know why this happens sometimes.

Check your .xml download by looking at the *end* of the file... the very last thing should be </XML>. If it's not, then try downloading again.

BTW... I'm still working on a druid/ranger mod, but while I was tinkering with some ideas I came up with this look:

I thought it was pretty enough to save and add to the collection, even though I know most of you are waiting on class-specific timer skins. Oh well, pay me by the hour and I'll stick my nose to the grindstone. =P
Attached Files
File Type: zip timerskin_whiteglass.zip (10.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 10-19-2002, 01:51 PM   #17
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Server: erollisi marr
Send a message via ICQ to tadashya Send a message via AIM to tadashya
Thumbs up

Quote:
I thought it was pretty enough to save and add to the collection, even though I know most of you are waiting on class-specific timer skins. Oh well, pay me by the hour and I'll stick my nose to the grindstone. =P

well said

Original Artwork by Tadashya my current favorite sig slice
Old 10-19-2002, 05:03 PM   #18
Apeman87
A Ghoul

I like the skull skin. I use the timer for tracking my dot’s and buffs, but was not crazy about the skin on it. I love the fact that this is a mod of a mod.

The lurking Arch Lich of Drinal
Old 10-19-2002, 06:59 PM   #19
Molz
A Snow Griffin

ok i figured out what i was doing wrong and got it to work
Old 10-19-2002, 08:01 PM   #20
Molz
A Snow Griffin

ok got it to work set my time to match epic. what is the reason for the slider? I dont understand what "mark the event"
Old 10-19-2002, 08:13 PM   #21
Tipop
A Snow Griffin

Here is my explanation on how to use the timer mod.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:31 PM   #22
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Molz -

Here is the URL for the timer FAQ. The "Slider Timer" section has some additional examples.

http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/eq/faq.asp

Old 10-19-2002, 09:41 PM   #23
Molz
A Snow Griffin

I am so blonde at times, I sat and thought about it and figured it out hehe but thanks
Old 10-19-2002, 09:54 PM   #24
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tipop
Make sure you're getting the COMPLETE .xml file. I've had a few friends complain of the same problem and it turned out their .xml was cut off part-way through. I don't know why this happens sometimes.

This happens usually due to not waiting long enough for the complete XML to be downloaded. The file size of the XML will vary depending on the number and duration of timers used. While a single 1-minute timer will only be 30KB or so, for example, eight 2-hour timers will result in a file that is over 900KB. Since the dynamically-generated file is uncompressed, a file like that could take some time to download for people with slow connections.

Waiting until the browser is no longer busy before grabbing the XML source is the best way to make sure you get the entire file.
Old 10-19-2002, 10:13 PM   #25
Cassyex
A Fire Beetle

Thanks Tipop!!

the timer is so so so nice and beautiful =D and it matchs the ice-blue button in my ui

thanks again for all your time to make these for us =))

oh, will it put to the download section? so more people can see this?

/bow
/thank
Buffye
Old 10-19-2002, 10:35 PM   #26
Tipop
A Snow Griffin

I don't know... doesn't the webmaster decide what to put in the downloads area?

Anyway, Arista is going to be hosting player-made skins on her site soon, so eventually you'll be able to get them there.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:43 PM   #27
Molz
A Snow Griffin

ok i got this to work finally and understand it. I first Downloaded the necro one cause it looks so cool, but when I logged on EQ it is very hard to read the titles. I made it so it didn't fade at all and still very hard to see the timer and titles. So I downloaded the regular version on the timer site and same thing. The pick shows the background as black and mine is a light grey. I know nothing about xml so can someone tell me how to make the background black like in the pic?

ok me again, I downloaded all three of these timer pics, necro, 3d and then the default one on the timer site. All had a very hard time seeing the text on them. The font colors are white and not easy to read.

Last edited by Molz : 10-20-2002 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-20-2002, 12:44 AM   #28
Arista
TimerMod Creator

The XML generator currently uses white text by default (which is used by the default skin).

The two skins you downloaded from Tipop require the text to be black. I will be updating the XML generator soon so that you can choose a different text color other than white, but in the meantime, you'll need to do a "search and replace" on the XML file (as mentioned in the first post in this thread).

As a side note, the white text should work fine with the default skin, which has a dark gray background for the text (see the picture in my signature, or on the timer site).
Old 10-20-2002, 01:33 AM   #29
Molz
A Snow Griffin

the pic in your sig, the background looks like it is black to me or a very dark grey, that looks great. but when I log on EQ the background is a light grey
Old 10-20-2002, 02:14 AM   #30
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Molz
the pic in your sig, the background looks like it is black to me or a very dark grey, that looks great. but when I log on EQ the background is a light grey

That picture is a direct screenshot from EQ, so that's what it looks like in game as well. It's possible that your gamma settings, or video card, is causing the image to appear lighter than it is.

In any case, I'll be adding a custom text color option to the XML generator this weekend, so user-submitted skins can use different text colors. That'll allow you to choose whatever text color you want.