Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 12-04-2002, 09:29 PM   #16
Lanys.Neoconker
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Lanys T'Vyl
Send a message via ICQ to Lanys.Neoconker Send a message via AIM to Lanys.Neoconker Send a message via Yahoo to Lanys.Neoconker

Hehe, I did not know that as there was no clues. But anyways, I think the UI was more specific for melee players. I'm sure the author will come out with a caster version soon enough. It looks awesome and I would love to use this with my druid.

<Savage Circle>
One Mind. Any Weapon.
- Hunter B. Armstrong
Say NO to overly-broad EULAs. Your computer is YOURS and so is the content on it. If you do not protect and defend your own privacy then expect it to be violated. (Courtesy of Garryck)
Old 12-04-2002, 11:21 PM   #17
kisacki
A Gray Wolf

Default same same

I agree...awesome look...and I am looking forward to using this also. Keep up the Great work !
Old 12-05-2002, 04:18 AM   #18
Azrael
A Snow Cougar

Server: Cazic-Thule

What are you doing right now? Why aren't you working on this UI ? Quit goofing off and get it done. Hahaaa

AWESOME WORK ! Very, very nice indeed. I can't wait to get this one loaded up. Clean lines with some very interesting filagee.

Thank you for your hard work. =)
Old 12-05-2002, 10:25 AM   #19
Daellig
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Thanks!

Hi all!

Thanks for the compliments!

I have been sick the last couple of days so I haven't goten as much work done on it as I had hoped.

In any case, here is whats currently happening:

1. I have COMPLETELY redone all of the graphics based on t.kings Celtic Inventory. The reason is, I had a brainstorm the other night on how I could do some window positioning that would alleviate most of the issues I have had with the window layering. In order to do so, I have Integrated the Music player directly into the interface as a permanent feature. This freed me up a window that I am then using to "fix" the layer problems. The downside to doing this was that I was going to have to redo all of the graphics, so I decided to do it based on his Celtic graphics.

The plus side is I have learned alot from the 1st go round with the standard inventory graphics so this is going a LOT faster. I am hoping to have a screenshot available either late tonight, or tomorrow evening. Worst case it will be the weekend, due to work Holiday parties etc.

A couple points of clarification as well. I have left the action window as well as the friends window intact in both the caster and melee version. I would gladly replace the pet window (which I am using for a border) with the friends window if someone could tell me how to get it to stay loaded when I log off and on from EQ. Every time I log out it goes away, regardless of what I have it set to do in the ini file. That is why I used the pet one in the first place. A seperate workaround will be to fix the border issue that I have with the compass. I haven't yet tried with the new graphics, but in the old version I had to resort to using the help window to be the border and make the compass "connected" to it graphicly. If I can free the help window back up, then I can use it for the border the Pet window currently makes.

I also wanted to mention, this new version has every graphic file broken down into 256x256 pixel chunks to help those on lower end graphics cards. The old one didn't.

I forgot to mention that the Music player is now tabbed. One tab contains stat information like you see on the old screen shots, the other tab contains the music player. I can easily add timers (up to 7 fit) to this window as well. If I can move the Music player parts out of thir window, then I could use trhe pet window to contain the music player instead.

Daellig
Old 12-05-2002, 10:30 AM   #20
Istak
A Ghoul

Server: Brell
Send a message via ICQ to Istak Send a message via AIM to Istak Send a message via Yahoo to Istak
Default pictures?

screenshots! screenshots!
Old 12-05-2002, 10:55 AM   #21
Lanys.Neoconker
A Shissar Defiler

Send a message via ICQ to Lanys.Neoconker Send a message via AIM to Lanys.Neoconker Send a message via Yahoo to Lanys.Neoconker
Default Great!

Hey,
I'm not a big fan of the celtic looks very much, unless someone does a spectacular job with them as I hope you might. So, I was wondering if it would be ok to post the file of the screenshot you had provided us that was really incredible. You know, the first post you made on this topic? I really like that look, so if it is possible, I would like a .zip folder of that UI. Looks good though and I will be waiting for your Celtic mod. I will check out some more graphics when I get home because I don't have the website with me at the moment, and don't really have time to search. So just let me know what you think about my request and others may like the idea too

5/5 Nanas for your hard work!
Old 12-05-2002, 10:57 AM   #22
bobbfrommn
A Bat

Very, very nice. Can't wait for you to finish and size it down to 1200. Two suggestions tho, as a meele I'd rather see name of buffs than icons. You don't have a buff up so can't see what is displayed but it looks like it's set up for icons. As a necro, a pet window is a must, far more important than mp3 player. Great work and I hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:25 AM   #23
Daellig
A Hill Giant

Lanys.Neoconker, I fully intend to have both versions available. Celtic and standard. :-) Once I finish one, the other is MUCH easier.

As for the pet window over the MP3 player, well I agree the pet window is more important, However due to functionality and the need for windows I didn't realy have a choice. I needed to use the player window where I did. The real trick is, as I mentioned above, is:

A. Fixing the compass to use a large border (works with small ones) so I can free up a window. (see original post for details and link)

B. Determining if the MP3 Player components can exist inside a tab in the pet window. (Kinda doubt it)

C. Force the Friends window to always stay up even after log off and on, thus freeing it up to hold the border that the pet window currently uses. (I have no idea why this closes on its own)

D. Was thinking about this one the other night. There is an alarm window. I do not know how to access it once its been closed and it won't pop back up if I set it to Show in the ini. If I can figure that out, I may be able to hijack it. (Do folks use this, or do they use the timer mods?) (Help making it load appreciated) :-)

If anyone wants to help or knows of a mod that overcomes any these issues, that I can look at, then please let me know.

Daellig
Old 12-05-2002, 11:36 AM   #24
Lanys.Neoconker
A Shissar Defiler

LOL
I thought you were already done with the standard mod. Guess not...Well get to work! These mods could be great!
Old 12-05-2002, 12:57 PM   #25
Xefe
A Fire Beetle

Exclamation Am i too late ?

post it for Download I wanna use it :P

absolutely awesome!
Old 12-05-2002, 05:57 PM   #26
Daellig
A Hill Giant

Arrow Teaser

Here is a screen dump from Photoshop for you all on the Celtic version of the UI. I am still working on the XML and some graphics for it, but my plans are to have a functional beta up this weekend if time and my health permit...I really hate the flu/colds...

Daellig

The Friends and Action windows are still available, and if someone can shed some light on my frame issues with the compass, then the Pet one will be as well. Hint..Hint...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg daellig celtic.jpg (337.9 KB, 268 views)
Old 12-05-2002, 06:00 PM   #27
Lanys.Neoconker
A Shissar Defiler

Hmmmm....
Looks better than I anticipated. Great work again! I think I would use the Standard for my Monk and the Celtic for my Druid. I love both of them. I pray for your health and free time because I want these ASAP!
Old 12-05-2002, 06:07 PM   #28
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

oh my god, that's fantastic...I would so use that if my monitor would go to 1600x1200!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 12-05-2002, 06:35 PM   #29
Karsh
A Gray Wolf

Hiya It looks very nice is it rdy for download yet or couldnt find it in dowload section

Thx
Old 12-07-2002, 06:10 PM   #30
Sylvann
A Fire Beetle

Server: drinal

I just wanted to note as well that /viewport implementaion in EQ is not too hot and with that lack of transparancy across the bottom you are going to lose the visiual on the bottom part of your screen, this is not so much an issue at such a high resolution, but when you scale it down you are talking about chopping off about 1/5 of the bottom in 1280x1024 which i think is a pretty standard operating mode.