Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 01-08-2003, 09:11 PM   #16
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

borrumthedwarf you may want to make a screenshot of how the UI looks after you did the /loadskin lunarwrap 1 command. That way we could have a better idea of what is going on with yours.

Curumtiny Call Me Yoda
Gnome Warrior (GnomeLord) Level 65
Tarrew Marr
Guild Officer: Invictus Verite
Click on Signiture for Magelo Profile
Old 01-09-2003, 12:31 AM   #17
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The name of the folder shouldn't matter. I'm guessing you double checked to make sure the UI didn't unzip itself to a folder within the custom one you created, since that's the most common error. Other than that, as long as all the .xml and .tga files are in the custom folder, and you're typing in the '/loadskin <customname> 1' command, it should work. Try checking your UIErrors file in the main Everquest directory to see if it is finding the main windows or grabbing them from default. (playerwindow, targetwindow, ect.) If that doesn't work, try it in a new custom folder.

I hope this helps, post your errors here if none of this helps.

Yes, a screenie would help, too.

Lunakin

Last edited by lunakin : 01-09-2003 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:04 AM   #18
borrumthedwarf
A Fire Beetle

thanks for the help guys, i found out what the problem was i didn't know you had to use the /loadskin command

all fixed now
Old 01-09-2003, 02:20 PM   #19
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Lunakin are you by any chance going to provide a patch for this with the changes that were done with todays Patch? I love this UI....
Old 01-10-2003, 01:58 AM   #20
Tigergrowl_Prex
A Bat

Default 1/9/02 patch

YES! please fix it to work after todays patch! please please please! Did I say please?
Old 01-10-2003, 02:14 AM   #21
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

New version uploaded. Includes fixes for the patch, some minor cleanups, a short duration buff window that fits with the regular one, and a stats page added to the actions window (I'm using my pet window for Arista's timer and needed stat elsewhere ) I imagine all the admins are swamped with stuff right now, but hopefully it'll be up soon.

Lunakin

EDIT - Man that was fast, it's up already

Last edited by lunakin : 01-10-2003 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:26 AM   #22
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

I see the window for short buff windows in the files downloaded in the patch.. When I did the loadskin of the mod I do not see the short buff window at all. Is it in with another window? And thanks for fixing it so fast Cudos to you also.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:19 PM   #23
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

The shortduration buff window has the 'null' frame on it, like the frame on the inventory and the playerwindow (just the top, no sides/bottom) And it's default position is more than likely along the very top of the screen. You can always load the default UI, place the SDBuff window where you like it, then reload this mod.

Lunakin
Old 01-13-2003, 04:23 AM   #24
catharz
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tunare
Default Vertical Spell Gems

These seem to be broken in the new version. I tried updating the new version with the prior change for this, and it didn't work.

Can you please fix this again? Excepting that, I love this UI and now have ALL of my characters using it.

When that's updated, I'll post a screenshot of my layout.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:33 PM   #25
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Hrm...sorry, I'm gonnna need a bit of clarification on this. I seem to be able to get the vertical spellgembar to load fine with the new version. What kind of problem are you having? Are the gems messed up, do you crash to DT, are there any errors in your UIErrors file?

I'll see what I can do.

Lunakin
Old 01-14-2003, 06:52 PM   #26
catharz
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tunare

When I copy the file in for the vertical spell bar, I still get left with the horizontal spell bar.

One thing I noticed, is when I first copied the file in, there was no confirmation message overwriting the existing file. Has the file name changed?
Old 01-15-2003, 12:00 AM   #27
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Here's what I think is happening: Since the vertical spellcastbar.xml file has an older date than the updated horizontal one, it isn't actually overwriting the file, but instead, is choosing to keep the 'newer' file which is the horizontal default. Try deleting the EQUI_SpellCastWindow.xml file form your folder first, and then unzipping the vertical one.

I hope this helps

Luna
Old 01-15-2003, 11:50 AM   #28
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

I notice their is a option windows in this mod. Did you do any changes to it? Would it be safe for us to delete the Options window with out loosing any of the stuff you specificly desined?
Old 01-15-2003, 12:03 PM   #29
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

There are no notable changes to the Options window. Please Delete it from your custom folder to work with todays patch.

Lunakin
Old 01-16-2003, 01:39 PM   #30
SanchalitoDB
A Fire Beetle

Server: Brell
Send a message via ICQ to SanchalitoDB Send a message via AIM to SanchalitoDB
Unhappy crashing to DT... ;(

I have never been too knowledgable about UI's. All I ever did was get them to work and I think I forgot how to do that or something. So I will let you know what I know and have found out...

I downloaded the most recent version of this UI and unzipped to EverQuest\uifiles\LunaV2. I chceked and there isnt another folder in that one. I did the ini swap for my character. I log in to EQ, get to the character select screen, hit enter world, and WHAMO! desktop all over the place. This is what the UIErrors file had to say about the subject...

UIErrorLog created at Thu Jan 16 13:13:32 2003

That is it. Nothing else. Can someone (anyone) help me figure out what to do? I searched for 4 hours this morning and this UI out does the rest by far in my opinion. Cudos on the UI btw... now time to get it to work

Sanchalito Daburrito 54 Assling Ranger - Brell Server
Gumshoes McGundy 1 Erudite Enchanter - Brell Server