Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 06-16-2003, 02:53 PM   #16
golgo13
A Treant

Server: veeshan

That's a good question. Not sure when exactly i started playing EQ. But it's been about 2 years now. The main question is when am i going to stop playing. With Sony working on more expansions and with the recent release of SoL and LoY i don't see an end in site. Not going to even get into EQ 2. No matter how strong its content or user base becomes. I do not need any more reasons never to leave my PC.
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 02:59 PM   #17
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

you can find out your activation date under ACCOUNT on the SOE site..

Find your "Orginal Purchase Date" HERE

you have to login with your station ID, (thats your login) but it will tell you your orginal actiavtion date.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]

Last edited by Kudane : 06-16-2003 at 03:05 PM.
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 03:55 PM   #18
Methuselah
A Ghoul

Default my addiction start

December 16, 1999 for me
I started a Erudite Mage on a different server than i play on now. I then switched servers (for no reason just felt like it) and created the druid i play now in January of 2000
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 04:05 PM   #19
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

March of 99

My main Charater is Dolby and has been since I started. I've also been on veeshan for the entire time and would never think of changeing servers.

Last edited by Dolby : 06-16-2003 at 04:46 PM.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 04:19 PM   #20
golgo13
A Treant

Server: veeshan

WOOT thanks!! Now i can see how long ive been hooked on EQ. Hi my name is Golgo13 and i'm a........ i've been..... i'm....i've.....been playing EQ since November 2001 and BTW yes i am a addict. WOOT i finally said it.
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 04:33 PM   #21
Aleyla
A Ghoul

Default Weee!

I have been hooked since November 2001
Aleyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:04 PM   #22
Raynsmajic
An Icepaw Kobold

Quote:
Originally posted by metrosnowblind
December 5, 2002- Govannon Greenglaive 45 Druid (now ALT)

March 3, 2003- Kasporov Atreides 52 Necromancer (now MAIN)

Yea, i'm new generation, what can i say.

How did you get to lvl 52 in 3 months?!?! do you ever get off your somputer? hehe. that's amazing.

As for me, I can't truly tell you when i first started. it was my bo's account till he handed it over to me. but i can tell you it was a couple of months before SoL came out. then i took bout a 6 month haitus from teh game after that cuz i didn;t have any internet. my highest lvl char is 40.
Tunare Server
/gsay Time for some smackey smackey on %T!
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way" Juan Ramon Jimenez
Raynsmajic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:35 PM   #23
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Raynsmajic
How did you get to lvl 52 in 3 months?!?! do you ever get off your somputer? hehe. that's amazing.

Not really Ray,

You can do 1-25 in a single Sat, if you know where to go... 25-35 is fairly simple too, can do that in 2 or 3 days.. sooo that leaves 36-52 to make in 11 weeks.. figure 36-40ish can be done in 3 or 4 days each (again knowing where to go) that 4 or 5 levels.. soo theres 20 days.. add that to the week for 1-41 you can do it in 2 weeks of regular playing.. leaving 11 lvls to be made in 10 weeks.. thats a level every 6 days... I did that much from 52 to 59.. i was in Plane of Nightmare every night for about 2 months and made 7 levels..

And thats not even taking into account any kind of outside help (PLing) thats just dedicated playing, and knowing what zones to hit. Necros solo well.. so no down time for waiting for groups..

Zeb Server had a 65 epic frog within 6 days of LOY being released.. (that one was a guild project, 24/7 PLing) hehehe
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 03:28 PM   #24
wbrrvp
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tarew Marr
I'm new to list and EQ. Started EQ in Feb of this year. Gurar is my main he is a 44 lvl Vah Shir Beastlord born 27 March 2003. No PLing, only twinked a little once he hit 30+ by a friend that had a 42lvl Bst he didn't play any more. Pre 30 was usally spent grouped with my wife (Zanni 34 lvl War Vah Shir born the same day as Gurar). Now I spend alot of time helping guildies so I've only leveled a couple time in the past 2 weeks.
wbrrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 07:23 PM   #25
Kelric

Server: Brell Serilis

The original Kelric was created on Rallos Zek on September 11, 1999... I started on RZ on the advice of an acquaintance who played there (and who ran the gamestore where I bought EQ!).

That lasted not even a month, dealing with the newbie PK'ers and not seeing this friend... so when I heard Brell was the "unofficial RP server" I jumped and never looked back! The current Kelric was created early October, 1999, and is up to level 47
Old 06-18-2003, 07:52 PM   #26
Marzon
A Fire Beetle

Send a message via AIM to Marzon Send a message via Yahoo to Marzon
Default I was hooked on day one

Got hooked on November 21, 1999 the day I created my very first character Kaper (Gnome Enchanter on Xegony).

Can hardly believe it has been over 3 and a half years.
Marzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 07:03 PM   #27
Xander813
A Fire Beetle

ok first char was august 13 1999 MY golden bday then i play him to lvl 28 he was a 28 barb warrior (with two wurmslayers) and(full set of crafted armor) back when having crafted made u a god you could drop your money and you could let other people loot your corpse.....DAM EQ HAS GOTTEN WORSE OVER THE YEARS...but i got to lvl 28 stopped playing for about 3 years and now im back....I have been playing for 4 days now i got a barb warrior lvl 5 on tholuxe paealles name is Xandere....Send a tell!
Old 06-21-2003, 08:40 PM   #28
metrosnowblind
A Crystal Gargoyle

quote:
Originally posted by Raynsmajic

Well you see... Kasporov started out twinked from the little money I made on my druid porting around. The gear I put on him got him to 25ish just fine. Then around then my 61ish at the time bard friend twinked him out with much better things. And not much PLing at all, maybe 2 early 30ish levels by my estimates. Yea pretty much knowing where to go, searching the net on necro forums and sites finding good spots, and doing splurts of leveling. Most people don't seem to do this, but I find a good spot and almost ride it out non-stop til the exp sucks. Being a necro, I have to switch spots often since I tend to mow down solo camps fairly quickly. Kudane got it right, knowing where to go, having a bit of assistance sometimes, it's not that hard. FYI playing time is 13 days, 10 hours, at least 2 days spent in bazaar trader mode ;D

Edit: P.S. I've played both so I know, NECROS ARE BETTER SOLOERS THAN DRUIDS... despite what anyone else says. Kiting is not nearly as efficient as fear kiting, root dotting is pathetic compared to what necros do. Ever heard of a druid trying to kite, o lets say, a cobalt drake?!?!?! Hell no, with a 500 nuke that dispels, that sow or kei won't last too long. But a necro can take a cobalt drake with NO PROBLEM. Fearkiting works like a charm on caster mobs. You tell me what's better, having 0 chance of getting hit and letting pet do ur fighting, or draining your entire mana bar and running around in circles while getting nuked. Point made.
metrosnowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 08:46 PM   #29
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelric and edited by Zantaklawz
so when I heard Brell was the "unofficial RP server" I jumped and never looked back!

Hey Kelric, is Brell still a good heavy RP server or has it been infiltrated and assimilated by the non-RP'ers out there, like FV had been.

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 03:02 PM   #30
Vishuz
A Treant

Server: E'Ci

Lets see.... I guess I started in October of 2001.

First character was an Iksar Necro named Nizridious, which I created on my friend's account because I wanted to see if it was much fun before I paid for an account. I didn't know how to get out of East Cabilis... so I deleted him.

Then I created Chizel, a Dwarf Warrior. Leveled him to about... 13 or so and then got my own account.

Lets see... I'll ignore the 40+ characters I've had that never made it past level 10...

Athon Anklebreaker - 27 Dwarf Warrior (Deleted)
Xabasil Catharsiz - 36 Iksar Monk (Deleted)
Planta Deathshrub - 54 Erudite Necro (Previous main)
Piicolo Mossant - 40 Iksar Monk (Deleted)
Vishuz Angrypants - 54 Barbarian Rogue (Current main, and will be until I quit playing probably).

As for leveling... I got my rogue to level 51 in 3 weeks. I was twinked, and knew where to fight. No PLing other than just what you can do at early levels when twinked.

And now, he's still twinked because my level 65 rogue friend quit. =P
Vishuz is offline   Reply With Quote