Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 08-31-2004, 03:32 AM   #31
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Launchpad seems to be not working with EQ anymore.. its now trying to download the files into the launchpad folder.

anyone else notice this?

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 04:03 AM   #32
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

worked fine for me. It had to download some files for the Launcher, but once the launcher loaded, it went through the usual file check and everything was normal.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:20 AM   #33
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudane
Launchpad seems to be not working with EQ anymore.. its now trying to download the files into the launchpad folder.

anyone else notice this?

Same thing happened to me, so I gave up using Lauchpad run the patcher.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:18 PM   #34
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudane

anyone else notice this?

Yep, same thing for me. All the files wanted to download into the Launchpad folder. I tried removing the /game:everquest from the target and it didn't give me the option to launch EQ. Despite how much better I liked Launchpad, I abandoned it long ago.
Ruffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 07:08 PM   #35
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

Is there any way to prevent it from patching over the Everquest.xml file? The progress bar font is set to -1, everytime i try to change it to 2, it gets downloaded and replaced.
Inokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:16 PM   #36
Dravenlee
A Ghoul

Sorry guys, but I think that the change on the Launchpad might be my fault. The last big patch they had, I logged into EQ through the launchpad function. Hit the button to log into Fennin Ro, the last server I had logged into, and it took forever to load in. When I finally got in, I noticed an extreme lack in population in PoK...then went to PoT, and no one...went to Bazaar, same thing. Was running to BB through FP/EC Magus camp, and right as I logged in FP, I did a /w all zone, and notice another living person...a GM....he hailed me, told me that all the servers were supposed to be locked but "somehow, you have managed to log in..." and we talked for a few mins. I mentioned that I had used the Launchpad to log in, that when I loaded Launchpad for the first time, it latch hold of the EQgame instead of Testeqgame, and I hadn't been able to change it back to be proper, so I just used Launchpad to log in b/c I liked the interface. He said that he would pass it on to the Developers, and that I should log out immediatly. Somehow, the Launchpad had allowed me to by-pass the locked servers, and I was all alone in the world of Norrath! LOL! Again, I am sorry...had I had known, I never would have done it b/c I loved that Launchpad! Now I just have to settle for knowing it should be to Live servers shortly...
Dravenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:04 PM   #37
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravenlee
Sorry guys, but I think that the change on the Launchpad might be my fault...

LOL. That is quite funny. I don't think that it's a big deal since I would imagine that Launchpad will eventually replace the current patcher anyway. Even if they don't, it's only a patcher.
Ruffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:01 AM   #38
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

it will eventually take over for the patcher.. (betting within 2 weeks, with OOW.. but that is just my guess). the biggest advantage I see with it, is the ability to read the patch notes while the patch is downloading.

we get tons of people who never read the patch notes because they show up at the end and they all hit "play" instead of taking a min to look them over.

/bow
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:14 PM   #39
A_Nolan
A Snow Griffin

Cool I hope it comes out soon

I hope they do it soon because it was a lot better and easier in my opinion than the old one because:
  1. as both patcher/login there is less lag time between the two areas
  2. it has less hold time in div x than the one they have now means less memory usage from full screen graphics
  3. also means that all there online games will use the same patcher so if they want to upgrade the patcher/login screen it will be a lot easier for the programers not to have more than one type to work with
  4. hopefully they will make it where you can pick your character like in galaxies instead of the server as it is now
  5. Like what Kudan said it will let more people actually read the patch notes while its downloading so that there will be less spam petition and ooc of people going: "why can't I do this" or "where did this come from" or "when did this happen" read the patch info next time folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravenlee "I was all alone in the world of Norrath!"
and I bet the bazaar was still lagged to heck

WWJD (read the book and find out john 3:16)
A_Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 06:16 PM   #40
ArcherPhate
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Ayonae Ro

So any news on if they are going to put this in? I Used Lauchpad in EQ2 and it was alot faster and allowed one to Log directly to a character. THis would be awsome for EQ.

I'd really like the change in login too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.”
Anne Frank
ArcherPhate is offline   Reply With Quote