Old 02-19-2003, 07:21 PM   #31
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol
Default Re: Solaria a go!

Quote:
Originally posted by hypertwolf
Vert skin is god. Yet, it's sad to see him go.

But oh well, I cant wait for the next upgrade for the vert...err.... solaria skin update. I have been using V2 and i loved how it keeps my screen clean and uncluttered, expecially having all the ciritcal data on the screen.

I think horizontal bar might be a wise idea, but consider an option of having it vertical like the original as well, incase those rather go vertical than being on the horizion, ya know?

And will it be featuring more than one color varition, other than just... umm... magentia .... urple-purple? [picks that ui's color with a twiggy stick]

--

Tailwags,

Hyper T. Wolf

(Catch me on Luclin Server)

Actualy Vert has been gone for about 8 months, and never did patch updates. Thats what I was for. I will still be updating all Vert versions, were just in the process of trying to come up with something "Next phase" as it where. Very similar to what we have always done with vert Mods, Solaria will have many many Mods/updates available to fit every one's tastes.

Sokol
Old 02-19-2003, 07:57 PM   #32
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Default Re: Solaria a go!

Quote:
Originally posted by hypertwolf
And will it be featuring more than one color varition, other than just... umm... magentia .... urple-purple?

Currently when we switch here are the color schemes.. (these are estimations, and could change)

Cannabis will become Venus
Ocean Spray will become Saturn
Nexium will become Jupiter
Neptune will become Neptune
Pepto will become Pluto

(yes there is a planet theme there) and as you can see, we have some room to expand.. the mockup was done in the nexium/jupiter color... it wont be the only color.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Old 02-19-2003, 08:28 PM   #33
Ruarik
A Ghoul

Send a message via ICQ to Ruarik Send a message via AIM to Ruarik
Default new names

dont forget crystal meth
Old 02-20-2003, 01:30 AM   #34
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Default Re: new names

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruarik
dont forget crystal meth

Crystal Meth has been done away with (as stated in first post)

Ocean Spray is almost the exact same color as Crystal Meth, and with Neptune being a 2nd shade of blue we looked at download counts..

Ocean Spray had four times the amount of downloads of Crystal Meth, and Neptune had just over Twice as many..Try Ocean Spray, I think you will see that its only a tiny bit different shade of blue.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:26 AM   #35
Jabu
A Treant

Kudane,

How is this skin going? I am so looking forward to using it. If you need some help testing it let me know.

Jabu

P.S. I got the idea for the name from: SokOLkuDANE = Soldane
Old 02-26-2003, 09:28 AM   #36
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Jabu
Kudane,

How is this skin going? I am so looking forward to using it. If you need some help testing it let me know.

Jabu

P.S. I got the idea for the name from: SokOLkuDANE = Soldane

Right now we just finished the Vert LoY fixes, and are
re-organizing input and decide exactly what direction from here.
But hopefully very soon.

-Sokol
Old 02-26-2003, 12:00 PM   #37
Adam
A Bat

Server: Torvonnilous

Hi!
To begin with, I like your UI very much. Thought I'd suggest a thing or two to help make it as good as possible.

I almost only play casters and I remember way back when all you got to see of a fight were a few short glimpses in between medding. (Had plenty of time to memorize the layout of my spellbook though).
The point is that apart from being extremely boring, it worked because you had a clear view of your party's health and your own health and mana.

My suggestions are therefore (For casters):

1) A target window with target's health, your health and mana, and a clearly visible casting bar. (Great even for soloing).

2) Group window that fits nicely with this and is easy to 'decipher'.

The less you have to scan the screen and the easier it is to detect IMPORTANT changes to your group's state in the middle of an intense fight, the more effective you will be. Your chanters and other paper wearing classes will thank you for this

As for the look of the UI in general: NICE!
Old 02-26-2003, 02:24 PM   #38
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam
Hi!
To begin with, I like your UI very much. Thought I'd suggest a thing or two to help make it as good as possible.

I almost only play casters and I remember way back when all you got to see of a fight were a few short glimpses in between medding. (Had plenty of time to memorize the layout of my spellbook though).
The point is that apart from being extremely boring, it worked because you had a clear view of your party's health and your own health and mana.

My suggestions are therefore (For casters):

1) A target window with target's health, your health and mana, and a clearly visible casting bar. (Great even for soloing).

2) Group window that fits nicely with this and is easy to 'decipher'.

The less you have to scan the screen and the easier it is to detect IMPORTANT changes to your group's state in the middle of an intense fight, the more effective you will be. Your chanters and other paper wearing classes will thank you for this

As for the look of the UI in general: NICE!

the Target suggestion has been done, I'll see if I can find the code, and repost.

Sokol
Old 02-27-2003, 03:22 AM   #39
chumky
A Bat

Any thought on having horizontal hotkeys for us melee, I really like the look of the mod. Its gonna be good
Old 02-27-2003, 08:00 AM   #40
Melosa
An Icepaw Kobold

Really nice work so far. As always, you guys never fail to impress me. The only "suggestions" that I'd make is that you both continue to do as you have been so far: make "alternate" mods that can easily be dropped into a skin. That's one of the things that made me such a huge fan of Sokol's and Kudane's; everyone could pick from a nice variety of things and each of my characters could share the same basic UI, with only a few minor changes to suit my preferences for that character. It's looking pretty darned awesome however!

As for a name, hmm, what is in a name? Though I strongly feel that you guys should receive the credit that you deserve for all the work you've done to date.
Old 02-27-2003, 04:43 PM   #41
kashale
A Ghoul

Server: innoruuk
Default Great work!

I echo most of the comments I have seen posted here. What I like in a mod is maximum information in a minimal amount of space. The other important thing (and I think some have touched on this) is the mod should be MODular in nature. Each of the different mods (windows) should be sized so that they can be arranged in a myriad of configurations and allow for a nealty organized window to the world. Latter version of Vert got closer to hitting this target but as an example, the hot button clicky combo window was always sized in such a way that I never could find a "neat" spot to fit it in with the other windows. All in all, you guys are on the right track and I sincerely appreciate you guys keeping thiese mods working though all these patches amd for working on continuing to improve upon them.

I love the new group window especially having the 6th person shown. I love the long revamped player window along the top. As a minor point, I've never really liked the spellbook button from the gems window. Personally, I use the keyboard for this but at least perhaps find a new graphic for this. Cast timer on the gems window - important. Streamline the inventory window as much as possible. Personally, I could care less if there is much player info on this screen as I usually have it elsewhere for referrence (i.e player info/pet info combo window). When I go to the inventory screen it is usually to do an equipment related task.

All in all I can't wait to see what you all end up with and I'm sure I will use it. Keep up the great work!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 04:51 PM   #42
Darmak
A Ghoul

I dunno, I've always thought Vert was a bit bland. Maybe it's just because since I'm playing a fantasy type game, I expect the interface to fit with the theme. But if it wasn't for that, I'd have to say this new version doesn't look bad at all. For Vert that is.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:32 PM   #43
Eindare
A Treant

Default RE:

I love the work that you guys have put into this project! I have used the Vert mods almost exclusively since the UI's came out.

The only request that I have is have the invite and disband buttons on the group window. I don't like to keep the actions window open since it does not really serve any purpose except the invite/disband.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:21 PM   #44
Sokol

Default Re: Great work!

Quote:
Originally posted by kashale
Cast timer on the gems window - important.

Not shown in this pic is that the bottom border of the gem with the spell book IS the cating gauge.

-sokol
Old 02-27-2003, 11:23 PM   #45
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Darmak
I dunno, I've always thought Vert was a bit bland. Maybe it's just because since I'm playing a fantasy type game, I expect the interface to fit with the theme. But if it wasn't for that, I'd have to say this new version doesn't look bad at all. For Vert that is.

Well thats the point, VERT is a minimalist UI packed full of information, with not alot of EYE CANDY to interfere with serious game play. by targeting to have MOST if not ALL the information in a tight confined area you get this desired affect. thats the point of this type of UI. (Although admitedly Solaria does get abit off course)

-Sokol